Ore ni Trauma wo Ataeta Joshi-tachi ga Chirachira Mitekuru kedo, Zannen desu ga Teokure desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.3 - Disappear

Dex-chan lover
Kinda wild reading this again but in manga form. The tense is a lot stronger than just reading words.

Keep up the good work mate

Dex-chan lover
So the sister abandons the brother at the park AFTER she realises he's knocked out, goes home to WAIT for the mother, both of them decide to go back to the park WITHOUT CALLING FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANCE! All of this taking at least 2 hours (see how there's some color in the sky when the sister pushes the brother but it's pitch black when she returns with the mom).
While the sister's actions could be explained by her being very young and ignorant (she's probably like 5-7 years old and probably couldn't lift/move her brother), the mom is EXTREMELY IRRESPONSIBLE! Her daughter whilst COVERED IN BLOOD tells her that her son is BADLY HURT (UNCONCIOUS even), and she decides to GO TO THE PARK instead of CALLING FOR MEDICAL HELP! Mind you the mum KNOWS that her daughter had been WAITING FOR HER to come home and she KNOWS her son is so BADLY HURT that he CAN'T COME HOME! She must assume then that a significant amount of time hss passed since her son got injured. So why wouldn't she call for medics immediately to cut down on the time he spent untreated and reduce the likelyhood that he'd die?
There's actually a pretty reasonable excuse on the mom's action.

Short explanation: Panic/Nervousness.

Long explanation:
You can't really expect someone who isn't a trained personnel to respond well in an emergency situation. Imagine hearing your son's got badly injured, that'll very likely put your mind in a jeopardy which will affect your ability to think rationally. In such scenario, what the mom did is probably purely following her instinct to see whether her son is okay or not(which obviously he isn't, but remember, she couldn't think straight atm). Also, while what the mom did isn't ideal, it isn't the worst that could've happened either, since there is also a possibility of her having an absolute breakdown and did nothing but panicking.

As for the sister: Yeah, just a kid being a kid, nothing much to expect.

PS: I do agree that the mom might've a few screw loose (at the current timeline) but that is probably because of depression after her son change of personality (sort of), which I assume didn't happen yet on the timeline when this incident occured.

Dex-chan lover
So the cops took him to the hospital and forgot to call Child Protection Services or it doesn't exist in Japan ? i mean were i live they'll call them on you for leaving your 16 year old child an afternoon alone at home.
I assume it's because he's a kid that didn't have any identification on him, so it would be hard to process it immediately. There's also a possibility that the hospital and the police officer might do some mediation after the family visit tho.

Supporter
That one got an anime and everything. I'm pretty sure you're talking about the one where he stops chasing after her, so then she gets mad and starts chasing him.
More that she gets mad at him, finally realizes how much he'd meant to her, gets mad at herself and vacillates for the next five-ish volumes (and more if it ever comes back from hiatus) whether or not she should chase him and whether or not she even has the right, but that's decent for a ten-ish word summary.

Aggregator gang
I read the novel for that as well which is also terrible yeah. I think it all boils down to mangakas really not having much experience with interpersonal relationships (outside of a select few) so it reflects in their writing. What suprises me is how come this trash got popular in the first place.
Its prolly because its first and formost a dark comedy with tragic element. Every heroine is batshit insane, and the MC is so nonchalant about everything it makes quit a unique take on the same genre of "MC wronged by Heroine" type of genre. the fact it played so straight makes it funnier than it should.

Kinda the same way

Dex-chan lover
Its prolly because its first and formost a dark comedy with tragic element. Every heroine is batshit insane, and the MC is so nonchalant about everything it makes quit a unique take on the same genre of "MC wronged by Heroine" type of genre. the fact it played so straight makes it funnier than it should.

Kinda the same way
Only in the Manga, though.

Users who are viewing this thread