Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 8 Ch. 56 - Harold's Punishment

Group Leader
i'm always curious with stories like this. With corrupt officials and everything ruined everything the MC trying to do. Why not just leave everything and let the shitty kingdom fell.

Like if i'm in that situation i'd move away to other countries and become adventurer or something. Fk that country and fk all those video game characters.
In this case it’s not an option unfortunately. The world itself will end if he leave it be.. I think it’s mentioned early on.

IIRC, after saving the world from ending, he intends to just walk away and tries to find his way back to Earth

Group Leader
I don't read the ln but maybe the author just want story with same story "Harold just a villain". But, author can't making plot properly.

Reminder I don't read the LN.

Group Leader
Yes. The novel translation is hidden per the author’s request though.
Wait.. what do you mean, last I heard the author's fine with the fan translation of the web novel, heck, the fan translator even consulted with the author on the translations.

The author simply asked for the removal of the light novel illustrations as those are paid content.

Dex-chan lover
Wait.. what do you mean, last I heard the author's fine with the fan translation of the web novel, heck, the fan translator even consulted with the author on the translations.

The author simply asked for the removal of the light novel illustrations as those are paid content.
Unless I’m thinking of the wrong series the reason why this series doesn’t show on NovelUpdates is per the author’s request.

Dex-chan lover
what the hell kind of bullshit is this? The higher-ups are clearly corrupt and noone seems to find fault with them? Only begging them to rescind their decision (probably with hefty bribes), instead of point out how their decision is claiming falsehoods that weren't in the report?

I could see it being realistic if not for the fact that this is relating to several aristocratic families, so doing such a move not only outs yourself as super corrupt, but would also make other (unrelated) nobles feel threatened too and group up to stamp down on it hard.

what the hell kind of bullshit is this? The higher-ups are clearly corrupt and noone seems to find fault with them? Only begging them to rescind their decision (probably with hefty bribes), instead of point out how their decision is claiming falsehoods that weren't in the report?

I could see it being realistic if not for the fact that this is relating to several aristocratic families, so doing such a move not only outs yourself as super corrupt, but would also make other (unrelated) nobles feel threatened too and group up to stamp down on it hard.
If corruption was the only thing they have to worry about it would've been fine. But sadly the big bad got a few tricks up his sleeve that are too much to handle rn.

Double-page supporter
Was Series axed or some shit ?..

Last and current chapter lost HEAVILY in quality and story is now just rushing shit without any further explanation or build up.. its really just throwing events around.

Why bother trying to make Harold more likeable in recent chapters and show his change of heart to just simple crush all progress again basically voiding any and all character development that was made ô_o

He just went to work with the MAIN Villain for 5 years, just because really 😐
"Just because"? Did you not read where he'd literally be executed if he didn't?

Dex-chan lover
"Just because"? Did you not read where he'd literally be executed if he didn't?
I'm saying how it came across for me, since he didn't give a explanation for the reader (in form of monologue, or anything else), he just had to go along with the most obvious play of the villain and then it skipped 5 years with even less of a explanation..

Since there wasn't really a build up to it or anything it felt unnatural and forced in my opinion, maybe the Novel did it differently, but it felt weird here

Last edited:
Group Leader
I'm saying how it came across for me, since he didn't give a explanation for the reader (in form of monologue, or anything else), he just had to went along with the most obvious play of the villain and then it skipped 5 years with even less of a explanation..

Since there wasn't really a build up to it or anything it felt unnatural and forced in my opinion, maybe the Novel did it differently, but it felt weird here
Yeah the novel did it a little differently, the time skip happened immediately after Harold was given the surprise death sentence.. Similar to the novel chapter it adapted (there's a novel epilogue but shhhh), they are the final chapters of the volume so they probably needed some cliffhanger/hook for next book.

Everything afterwards (in the manga) are originally flashbacks after the time skip. Heck, some of them are from the next next arc (20 novel chapters away)..
It's the the jail scene between Harold and Justus: There are internal monologue from Kazuki/Harold rationalizing his decision and also a slightly longer conversation between him and Justus, the manga will probably show the full thing when we get to that part

I guess the manga changes might not be a good idea after all 🤷‍♂️ considering all the pacing complaints

Aggregator gang
Woah... what a horrid and illogical story progression. Take down an enemy general and get sentenced to death by your own country. Then make a deal to work under the big bad while cutting ties with your family and friends.

Let's destroy character development and go back to being a broody, unlikeable MC.
From the country's perspective, he had information on an enemy invasion that he knowingly withheld. You absolutely suspect that person of being a spy and/or arrest them.

Dex-chan lover
5 year tineskip with Harold working for badguy and we see none of this? Just terrible, also really really jarring. Whats the point of character development btw then literally throwing it all away.

Dex-chan lover
People don't like this progression? It's a perfect way to link up the prologue to the main plot. There was frankly too much story to display that the author probably didn't want to bother depicting since we haven't even gotten to the meat of the story, so we've atleast established Harold's character and his motivations, as well as some alliances.
We've seen Harold's efforts but we've also seen him coming to odds with how much he could do as an individual and as a normal person thrust into crazy circumstances.
He's also mentioned before his lack of understanding Justus, so him joining the villain is nothing surprising cmon guys keep your friends close n your enemies closer this is Sun Tzu shit everyone knows this.
As for him getting tossed aside by the state he was working to defend, he was already under suspicion atop showing up in an enemy uniform, acting separately from his company and having the main villain actively work to get Harold under his wing, so its totally believable.

Group Leader
I would've thought the series got axed for this outcome, but then again they kinda have the I'll show you the results then show the flashbacks or whatever thing here

Dex-chan lover
I like its going to start the real story, but why the rush?
Can actually spend one chapter just focus on the trial, how incompetent the government or perspective from different faction/nobles trying to solve Harold's situation.
Another chapter leading him into Justus, giving hint what theyre doing. Abit background of Justus's crew, geopolitic, or whatever their reason is.
Then, do the time skip.
It usually not that interesting. Whatever his allies said would be ignored by the judge. It's better to be like this to lessen the dissatisfying of the audience (the reader)

Dex-chan lover
i'm not a fan of this conclusion considering ever since the start is that he's in control of everything and now with the stellar tribe event is literally the major shit out of everything he has ever done and he doesn't even have a contingency plan out of that. literally yuno and the others could just snatch him the moment when they are abled but nah gotta jail him and make him the villain's dog for spiciness. doesn't make any sense man. my gut feeling feels the condemnation event is kinda forced.

although personally it would be funny for the big bad to be dead the moment the story starts

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
People with light novel knowledge are ignoring the perhaps, inarticulate complaints, despite them being valid. It doesn’t matter if the game starts at this time skip. The MC was thoroughly involved in altering the main story points to his own will and that movement was completely yanked away. And we get a time skip with cheap flashbacks guaranteed.

The valid concern is that the story goes to shit at this point. Mangas rarely improve on the novel’s work. Especially when content is rushed or skipped, or compressed.

A five year time jump is jarring and ruins immersion. So much so that it can break a story if not done well. Those are the concerns. They are valid

Users who are viewing this thread