Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai - Vol. 8 Ch. 56 - Harold's Punishment

Dex-chan lover
People, don't listen to people who say that it was explained better in the novel. In the manga there were already more details of the trial, the reasons for such a sentence will most likely be explained identically to the novel, that is, it will be explained later in Cody's memories of these events, where there will be a hint that this is all a game of Justus. At the expense of the fact that the novel is better. There are even fewer explanations at this chapter in web novel, for example, the chapter ends exactly at the moment when Harold is called the sentence, and the next chapter begins already after the timeskip. And there they gradually tell us about the breakup of the engagement and about working for Justus

Dex-chan lover
The hell? :question: He took down the enemy and still got sentenced. I thought he did those good deeds so he can avoid that route with that Justus guy by gaining favour from the people. I guess corruption still triumphed in the end.

It's like the author just threw everything out the window. And wanted to started anew.

If this story becomes horrible after that timeskip, the only thing I'll wait on is if his waifu grows into a beautiful woman, and that they continue their love story.

Dex-chan lover
lol this story become trash so fast,
it's like when you just push the gas once and you suddenly reach your destination without knowing how you reach there

Dex-chan lover
Great job on this series and thanks for the Translation keep up the good work.

Crazy how the mc was basically forced back to position where he has to work for his worst enemy and now has to break new death flags but I think his previous achievements won't go unrewarded

Dex-chan lover
Awkward timing on the time skip. It feels like they tried wrapping up everything in one fell swoop without actually putting thought into the process. It makes the manga feel cheap.

Supporter
There is literally no reason not to assassinate Justus in those 5 years

Group Leader
im gonna jump to WN, so what's this chapter equivalent to WN chapter?
The manga adaptation moved things around, the novel book 2 actually ends with the death sentence cliffhanger lol... IIRC the plot twist was part of some flashbacks later on

Anyway, next manga chapter continues with Book 3 at Chapter 48, after that do read on the current fan translator site!

PS: Manga raw is at chapter 65, you can use them as novel illustrations as you read too 😉

Group Leader
The original is a web novel (don't know if a LN was released ever).

If you search for "defiring" on google you will find the translator.
Yeah there's Light Novel version with exclusive side stories (that aren't translated in English sadly, it's available in Chinese, the manga also adapted parts of it as volume extra, like the ones with the kids and sweets)

The light novel version was physical only and was rumoured to have been axed after book 4 release. But I think due to the popularity of the manga, the author got motivated to write again, and the publisher released digital versions of the light novels. Web Novel Book 5 was just completed last year too, after 6. Long. Years, so there might be a LN book 5

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind the timeskip at all, or the sudden events that lead to it...

That said, I think it feels jarring because up to know we had the MC's inner thoughts to help us get what the intent was - this time we were not privy to that as everything fell into place.

That said, I am eager to see where we are at now - and hoping he has gained more control over "Harold" so he can better choose his words. (It was a fun gimmick, but since he learned why it happens, you'd think he would deal with it. Gonna be real hard to stay alive in the game's events if he has to trash talk everything he says still.)

Dex-chan lover
The hell? :question: He took down the enemy and still got sentenced. I thought he did those good deeds so he can avoid that route with that Justus guy by gaining favour from the people. I guess corruption still triumphed in the end.
To put it very simply: Massive corruption. More specifically, Justus is controlling the council and forced them to pass that judgement, with the second ruling basically being "Join me as a research experiment or die" after he went to see Harold for himself in that prison cell.

Dex-chan lover
Something makes me think the other people working for Justus will curse the day Harold joined the ranks. In the original game, Harold was on their side genuinely, as far as he could be on anyone's side, but this time Harold is merely there to avoid an unjust decapitation, that is, 100% forced, and furthermore, he also knows Justus was behind the whole thing. So, I doubt Harold will treat the other employees well. He should be kicking their asses for fun, as he considers them all villains.

I wonder if Cody handed in his resignation letter. He wasn't particularly enjoying his work as a knight, being quite ill fitting for it personality wise. With the grand injustice of this case, Cody should already be hating the leadership as well, apart from his friend. But it's not like Vincent absolutely needs Cody to be a part of the Chivalric order. Cody should use this opportunity to resign and form the mercenary group.

Justus was definitely the one who orchestrated it all
Justus already has the whole kingdom is his backpocket, by the looks of it. No wonder the Sumeragi, despite supposedly having a deep relationship with the king himself, was left with zero support when the miasma from Justus's own experiments was going to collapse the economy of the Sumeragi domain. Justus is already the real ruler of the kingdom and even the king must be listening to every word from Justus's mouth.

Supporter
I started reading the novel and then transitioned to the manga. Any novel reader up to date, was this part also this rushed? I'm thinking of going back to the novel.

Group Leader
It ends the prequel and starts the story from the game

Vice captain. And yes, the doctor has a lot of power. He literally caused the whole incident

Not exactly, it starts the main story. They all know he cut them off so they won't get caught up in the corruption. Now the game story starts. Him working under the scientist was same as the game. They are using each other
So he nearly died before the start of the main story ._.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, these last few chapters, especially this one, turned this manga from a favorite and couldn't wait to see what's next to "I don't want to read this shit anymore"...

Users who are viewing this thread