Orenchi ni Kita Onna Kishi to Inakagurashi Surukotoninatta Ken - Ch. 107 - Farming with Cheats

Dex-chan lover
Seriously it's obvious they're gonna smooth over their differences eventually. The characters just can't spit out their issues but like that has been a running theme in this story. I don't know what everyone is complaining about.
Literally everyone except the old folks and honomi we're assholes in the beginning even Chris was pretty rude calling kanji ugly and insulting him a few times like keita was an annoying brat, natsumi's parents were condescending and nasty too

Dex-chan lover
soo there are faces in the black mist thign when she looses her magic? so is someone blocking her now cause she is going wild with her magic?
that ghosts exists is already confirmed when ancestor warn wife-chan that boars are at the field

Contributor
Why exactly did the government have these two work at a farm... Doesn't the government aim to establish diplomatic and trade relations with the other world? These are nobles, they should be treated like foreign dignitaries with a formal reception.

Dex-chan lover
i thinks its time to conclude this arc, or maybe just finish it to see their fate, are they going back to their own world or something

Group Leader
hqdefault.jpg

Group Leader
Why exactly did the government have these two work at a farm... Doesn't the government aim to establish diplomatic and trade relations with the other world? These are nobles, they should be treated like foreign dignitaries with a formal reception.
Can't have diplomats if there is no easy way for them to get back. Right now they're illegal immigrants, so they get treated as free labor.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I just really hope Bartho gets absolutely humbled before this arc ends. The fact that he walked away scot-free with no lessons learned really doesn't sit right with me.

Apart from being an otherworlder like Chris, he's a walking military disaster who'd actually actively harmed a Japanese citizen. How the fuck did he get out of that with no consequence?

Lou hating science and taking scientific progress like a personal insult is annoying, but so far mostly only in a childish sort of way, and as of this chapter she gets a clear debuff anyway.

Bartho though. For real.

The extreme character assassination of Kanji and Christina has gone too far. The upstanding, resilient, determined Kanji has been instantly reduced to a spinless cuck, going so far as to run away from his own home with no attempts to stand up for his family (Christina and the baby). Christina obviously no longer really loves Kanji, making zero attempt to reign in her brother or help him out in any meaningful way. She was supposed to be a badass female knight, now she has gone full-blown stupid-child, suddenly oblivious to the struggles of her family.
I'm done with this trash. Started out soooo good, had some low points, but was a great read. Now? Typical spineless MC and dumb waifu garbage. Disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, this might have been the most anticipated and built up development in the entire story. It's been in the works since the earliest chapters, and everyone was waiting for this decision point of "will she return or stay", but the way it's been handled is... poor, to say the least.
The brother is a giant cunt due his ludicrously exaggerated sister complex (and just in general, if his treatment of his supposed fiancee is any indication), the witch is a fence sitter who mostly seems upset with technology existing, Kanji got hospitalized(!) by his brother-in-law for quite literally no reason and seems barely upset by it, and Chris has reacted precious little to any of it, including her husband getting beaten to a pulp by her brother.

Overall, it's a highly anticipated arc that's being used for some very shittily written drama. The characters readers looked forward to meeting up turn out to be assholes and pushovers respectively, the conflict readers looked forward to is barely even addressed to make more room for farming and conflicts that don't matter at all (like, who actually cares about witch vs. technology/witch vs. mystical mana draining at this late stage in the story?), and despite this being the story turn in the making for most of the story's runtime, the payoff so far is pretty fucking weak.
Fair enough, I can kind of see this. I guess I just sort of expected the brother to be an asshole cause he's a noble.

Dex-chan lover
Fair enough, I can kind of see this. I guess I just sort of expected the brother to be an asshole cause he's a noble.
See, if the brother were an asshole because he's a noble, his sister is a noble and knight, and he finds out she's married to Kanji, a mere peasant farmer, that would've actually been great. Highlight the differences of perception between their worlds, the clash of cultures, and how much Chris has changed from who and what she was before. You can still have all the drama, but now it'll actually be interesting and come from a sensible place. Hell, you can still have the guy get violent towards Kanji, if it's for reasons of "this dirty peasant sullied my house's honor by taking advantage of my sister's desperate situation in this way", and it'd be fine. He's still a cunt in this scenario, but at least he's a narratively interesting cunt.

Making him the kind of overdone, and honestly pretty damn creepy considering this manga doesn't usually dabble in these types of extreme romcom archetypes, siscon that would normally be used as a punchline is what ruins this arc. Because his personality would be a joke in a gag manga, yet it's placed into this otherwise reasonably grounded story (as grounded as it can be, considering the premise).

Power Uploader
Mage girl is kinda dumb. She literally just got through explaining how there's very little ambient magic power in this world, then she goes wild with spending her MP. Of course it's going to run out. I assume she'll be fine after recharging (which will probably take longer than she's used to), but she won't be as powerful as before as long as she's stuck in this world.

Dex-chan lover
that brother is probably a psychopath

I feel like I commented on it already when he first appeared on Earth, but it's possible he's exactly what he's supposed to be in his original world. There are a number of fantasy manga, which have addressed the issue of a hero being basically nothing but a killing machine. That's necessary if it's a really violent world, where the hero needs to keep fighting day in, day out, sometimes against opponents that could be described better as inconvenient, rather than dangerous. Even in our world war veterans have more or less said that you can take a man out of a war, but you can't take the war out of a man. However, as opposed to our war veterans, which are just ordinary humans, in a fantasy world a hero could be a one man army, and thus the expectations would be astronomical.

Users who are viewing this thread