Osananajimi Kanojo no Morahara ga Hidoin de Zetsuen Sengen shite Yatta - Ch. 20.2

Dex-chan lover
I am not sure, but this sub-chapter translation/stuff needs few reruns of quality check. I had few brain freezes trying to understand whats happening. Like some of the bubbles felt out of context - like random lines were mashed together.

Dex-chan lover
Calling something a 'trial date' seems kind of redundant. The main point of a date is getting to know the person you see having potential to spend a long-term relationship with, i.e. marriage. The only way I see this being a 'trial date' is if the people involved are looking to practice getting to know someone for that same thing, and if you practice it to the point of it being a process or routine, sure, you're trying to sell the best version of yourself to that person, but it won't be as sincere as it was when you first did it.

Here, though, it's like MC's 'practicing' getting to know FMC even though he's known her a good bit already, and she's only just now putting her foot forward to try dating him for real. So it won't even be a 'trial date' anymore, just a regular date.

Dex-chan lover
Why is she always waiting for him in an alley? This is like the fourth time, after every interaction she just pops up in an alley again.

Gotta say I'm having fun with the villainess. Like it's so easy to make someone you're not suppose to like plain, generic looking or ugly but no, she's legitimately drawn to be cute. That plus showing that she has genuine social skills shows that she could be doing good if she could only get over herself.

It makes her a horrible person but a really interesting character.

Contributor
His weak response is kind of infuriating. Why not just date in secret then? Say yes, but both of them will not tell anybody, flirt in public or go out on dates at nearby places. How hard was that? Fumi even had to go out on a limb and propose a trial period. Maybe I should be doubting if he actually has feelings for her at all. I can already tell Fumi is going to carry much of this relationship if he's like this.

The fact that he still won't openly and freely do things like date someone else is just proof that Hanabi still has much control over his life and he hasn't actually freed himself yet from her clutches. Breaking up with her was not "breaking the chains" that he seems to think it is, because he's still living in fear of her shadow.

There is also a big flaw in his logic about "waiting it out until she gets bored" because... what if she doesn't get bored? Next thing he knows they've turned 40 and he's still stepping on eggshells, avoiding girls in a futile attempt to not provoke her. All the while Hanabi plays around with various men (also in a futile attempt to make him jealous), but she's having at least some fun toying around with him while he continually lives in fear of what she might do.

Dex-chan lover
saw a meme of this series in sns, and thought that it was worth a reading...

broh... go to the police, that woman is a psychopath... you don't know what shit triggers those fuckers into action, and when it happens, ppl end hurts or even dead...

Dex-chan lover
Only thing Im BEGGGING for is please don't make it turn out that Yukishiro is obsessed or have pictures of him in her room bc I really do like her but please don't have any plot twists to her character

I mean even before the confession or dating, the childhood friend already tried to indirectly harm the glasses girl.

There's no need for that trial and just go date for real.

Nothing will change anyway, she'll still harass you and the others around you regardless of your relationship with them.

Users who are viewing this thread