Osananajimi ni Najimitai

Dex-chan lover
Can you add the longstrip mode to the reader on the FA website, please? Thanks ?

lmao. it's groups like these that set themselves up for a headshot...not that I wish a snipe to befall among others. anyways it's a fun story

@Memerk
Thanks man!

So, they disapprove of rules that wouldn't affect them and then, made up some consequences to those rules?

Dex-chan lover
@mikegnesium
Have fun visiting more than 50 different hompages, different comment section sites and more, cause that was the case for me when I tried to be considerate to every translator (taking LN, WB and Mangas in account), I gave pretty fast up cause sites like kissmanga/novelplanet do exist, they make life easier, and I would be dumb if I wouldn't want life easier.

I hate groups like this. Most people read dozens if not hundreds of different manga and expecting someone to read them directly from the scanlators page is not only absurd, but highly hypocritical and pure idiocy. If they complain about this site posting their scans, they're only encouraging the pirate sites who have no rules about posting manga since people clearly prefer aggregator sites where they can get all their favorites instead of checking 100 different sites.

Supporter
@mikegnesium I agree with @BestBoy, though I won't go to kissmanga, but neither will I go to the scanalators site just for this one thing.

Might as well just drop reading this, got plenty other stuff.

Group Leader
Damn, why does everything has to be so complicated? All I want is to read mangas for free, with sometimes no regards to the official releases or the author!

... but seriously, no one is going to bother frequently checking a scanlator’s website for one manga’s update unless they’re obsessed with it want to do so. On MangaDex and hell, even aggregator websites (which the scanlators supported to a degree) are mangas’ updates more easily seen. Life is already complicated, don’t make it more so. Hopefully someone can pick this up.

I wish they did a 1-7 day holding where it's listed on manga dex but only a link to the translation site.
Trashscanlation does 24 hour and I will visit it because it shows on the mangadex feed.

Double-page supporter
Well damn, I probably read a ton of series by FA, but now that they got nuked I won't know which I was reading since they won't show up in my follows section anymore.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, so the FA group nuked their uploads here because they didn't like a rule which allows you to petition for them to be marked inactive incase they haven't released anything on their own website over the last six months or more?
The petition would even result in them being notified and given weeks of time to take action if they don't want to be marked inactive..
(And even after that time when they do get marked inactive, they could still notify MD to get it marked active again.)

Sorry, but that's just plain stupid of FA.
Also, it's perfectly understandable if readers decide to use those malware infested aggregator sites for FA content now, since pretty much noone would want to support a group going through with these childish actions.

lol this is idiotic, just let people upload to mangadex and enjoy the free exposure this new site (which is rising in popularity and has been for quite a while) will give you or someone else probably will

@Lotvk What a way to complain to people who translate what you enjoy. Little loss for FA in this, most of their traffic comes from reddit anyways.

Well, I was enjoying this...be a cold day in hell before I support any group that goes out of their way to make it more difficult to read their stuff.

before I support any group that goes out of their way
Haha. You know #thoughtsandprayers don't mean anything, right? Why would you even think your opinion matters? Don't act like you're their customer or something.

We're all scum thieves here, but as it turns out, there're still degrees to being a scum.

As for the rest... yeah, prioritize. It's not like you have to fill yourself with all that is out there, right? Personally i've read many series translated by EGs over the years, and currently reading only two currently being done by FAs, but actually like(d) them enough to do the sisyphean task of two or three consecutive clicks from my browser to get to them.

TL;DR - world is not your oyster. Nor mine.

(and oysters are really disgusting).

Dex-chan lover
In the end this shows that most of the big/popular group doing it for the money rather than spreading love. Maybe if they can gain ad bucks here like the old batoto they'll come back in flock.

edit: Okay i just read all the drama and apparently page view/traffic isn't the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread