Osananajimi no Ohimesama - Ch. 22

Aggregator gang
Bruh, just get it over with already, gal. If you like him, then confess to him yourself. Wanting him to cut all ties with koiwai yet stop him from confessing after he had made up his mind to give up on koiwai. Such unnecessary drama... takes a deep breath and sighs Don't get me wrong, though. Personally, I like drama, but this brat is just too... I don't noe what to say about her anymore.

The fact she thinks it's okay to monopolize shunsuke and refrain him from ever getting into a relationship kinda throws me off. Imma say she reaps what she sow if one day she finally realized her love for him but couldn't confess to shunsuke since he only see her as friend. Am dropping this manga dy. This kind of friendship is just sick in a way. -_-

Dex-chan lover
This the type of manga I wouldn't mind getting spoiled who's end game tbh.

Dex-chan lover
What a nosy parker she is. There's nothing selfless about what she's doing, she's just wrecking things for the other gal.

Dex-chan lover
This is what happens when skillful storymaker decides to make story about 2 heroines from the start. I like to see how people can't endure it and drop the series

Dex-chan lover
if Hinaki doesn't win, i'm gonna curse the author with hot pillows, wet socks and his milk will always be on the verge of going cheese

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck is even this bitch's motive? It really is like her goals are beyond my understanding.
"I don't want you to be in love. But I also don't want you to get over it by taking decisive action. Because that would mean you'd probably get hurt, and I don't want you to get hurt, unless it's me who's hurting you by giving you the cold shoulder the moment you don't comply with my insane and contradictory demands. And I don't want you to use friendship with someone as a foot in the door to start a relationship. But I also don't want you to clear things up with the person in question, because that would lead to taking decisive action. I only want you to be friends with me, but exclusively on my terms."
She doesn't want a friend, she wants a simp whose attention she can monopolize, and who'll remain eternally alone and celibate while hovering platonically around her. Unless there's some major clearing up of her weird ass personality soon, I can only consider her the villain of this story, who does nothing but hold the protagonist back from achieving happiness, or growing as a person through pain and rejection.

Dex-chan lover
Nice of Hinaki to talk Shunsuke out of blowing up his friendship.

Dex-chan lover
What the fuck is even this bitch's motive? It really is like her goals are beyond my understanding.
"I don't want you to be in love. But I also don't want you to get over it by taking decisive action. Because that would mean you'd probably get hurt, and I don't want you to get hurt, unless it's me who's hurting you by giving you the cold shoulder the moment you don't comply with my insane and contradictory demands. And I don't want you to use friendship with someone as a foot in the door to start a relationship. But I also don't want you to clear things up with the person in question, because that would lead to taking decisive action. I only want you to be friends with me, but exclusively on my terms."
She doesn't want a friend, she wants a simp whose attention she can monopolize, and who'll remain eternally alone and celibate while hovering platonically around her. Unless there's some major clearing up of her weird ass personality soon, I can only consider her the villain of this story, who does nothing but hold the protagonist back from achieving happiness, or growing as a person through pain and rejection.
She is completely in love with him, dude. People in love do dumb things (let's be clear, I'm not talking about abuse here). She hasn't even aknowledged she wants him as a lover, so she's doing (dumb things)².

Dex-chan lover
People going on about how Hinaki is abusive and selfish and manipulative and whatever yada yada.

It ain’t that deep… The most obvious answer is because she loves him but hasn’t realized it.

The most interesting part of this manga is that Shunsuke seems to have zero interest in Hinaki beyond being a friend which would be an interesting plot point if Hinaki ever realizes her feelings. The scene at the end perfectly illustrates Shunsuke’s feelings when he says he can see Hinaki’s panties and she sits on his lap, the guy is completely unfazed. Meanwhile, just being next to Kiyoka gets him hot and bothered.

The other interesting plot point is that Kiyoka is slowly developing feelings for Shunsuke but is more interested in shipping Hinaki with him, but if those feelings develop further it would complicate her feelings more.

Dex-chan lover
I hate this shoujo logic of "Sure, he's a weirdly possessive asshole who tells me who I am and am not allowed to talk to, and generally monopolizes me at every turn, and completely dominates the entire dynamic. But because he's in love and in denial about it, it's actually super cute and doki doki".
Sure, Hinaki might actually like him and that's adorable, but the way she acts about it is still incredibly off-putting, and sours any prospect of the two getting together in the future.

Though I will say that if the author throws in some type of inner conflict arc, where Hinaki reflects on her behavior here, especially the part of "turned it into another rung on their ladder", and is troubled about doing the same semi-manipulative thing in order to keep the MC around and free for her own use, I'll take it all back.

VIP
Hahaha so cute, the way she mentaly and physically abuses him is adorable. Go kill him girl!!! you got this!! we are with you!!

No seriously fuck you.And fuck this manga, im done :haa:
did you just miss how she didn't like see him getting hurt? also they are already close friend. see that he is unfazed by her panties shown. they are tolerating each other silliness. also nowhere shown she doing harmful physical abuse. maybe have close friends next time and you will understand.

VIP
I hate this shoujo logic of "Sure, he's a weirdly possessive asshole who tells me who I am and am not allowed to talk to, and generally monopolizes me at every turn, and completely dominates the entire dynamic. But because he's in love and in denial about it, it's actually super cute and doki doki".
Sure, Hinaki might actually like him and that's adorable, but the way she acts about it is still incredibly off-putting, and sours any prospect of the two getting together in the future.

Though I will say that if the author throws in some type of inner conflict arc, where Hinaki reflects on her behavior here, especially the part of "turned it into another rung on their ladder", and is troubled about doing the same semi-manipulative thing in order to keep the MC around and free for her own use, I'll take it all back.
what weird a jump of logic, probably projecting.
first of all, this is shounen series. second, she is not obsessive nor try to monopolize him. she is ok with him go to libraries and talk to other girl. in fact, it was her who want him to more socialize and experience new things. she just didn't understand love due her bad experience in the past and didn't understand how love changing the guy she know for soo long and make her uneasy. changing is scary and it's very common people attitude when people facing one.

Dex-chan lover
first of all, this is shounen series.
Doesn't really matter if it employs the same justifications of shit behavior. Or at least some readers seem to be fine with any kind of manipulative behavior as long as it's for ~true love~ or whatever. Also, where's the jump in logic? Isn't Hinaki in this chapter doing the exact things she's criticizing? I mean, if you have arguments as for why her behavior is totally fine that aren't rooted in shoujo logic of "she's in love, so you just gotta accept every shitty thing she does and think it's cute and precious", I'm genuinely willing to discuss.
it was her who want him to more socialize and experience new things
"But not like that!". Right now she's actively preventing him from either realizing or alternatively getting over his first love, for purely selfish reasons, wanting to preserve an increasingly shaky status quo that she alone desperately wants to cling on to. That's... a pretty shitty thing to do to your alleged best and oldest friend, when the goal is just that you don't want him to change too much.
Again, if this is ever addressed by Hinaki realizing her shitty behavior and reflecting or apologizing, then I'm fine with it. Just as it is presented right now, she's pretty objectively acting in a manipulative and selfish manner towards her best friend, and dresses it up as worrying about him. And if this is for the as of yet unrealized goal of loving him and wanting him to be her lover, then it's also hypocritical.

Users who are viewing this thread