Osananajimi wo Erabenai! - Ch. 4 - Of Course This Is What I Am

Double-page supporter
Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave
Had twenty-three sons and she named them all Dave?

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the charm's antics and the anomalous house constantly expanding really add some intrigue to this manga.

What about her parents? I wonder if they'll even react to suddenly having multiple daughters.
How big was the mother at 9 months?

Dex-chan lover
I put the MC's name into Google Translate for the hell of it. It probably means nothing.

"suzukaze" (kanji shown: 涼風) = Cool Breeze
"suzu kaze" (kanji shown: 鈴 風) = Bell Wind (wind chimes?)

Dex-chan lover
Logically speaking, how can He love Shy-Karin if He thinks, "not at all like the other two, or how she used to be"
But, ehh...
maybe it becomes a plot point, maybe not. It’s fun, and that’s what matters most.
Logic doesn't apply normally to a story like this steeped in metaphor (which it was not subtle about).

This isn't just a wacky story about a guy getting a half dozen copies of his girlfriend with different personalities, it's a challenge to him to test if he can walk the walk and actually love all of the girl he had a crush on but hadn't even seen in years. Including the parts he may have romanticized over time, and the parts that changed while he wasn't there. To say even a single Karin is one he can't love is to deny the actual Karin.

People compare this to 100GF a lot but it honestly reminds me more of Uwagaki

Really liking this series so far! Can already imagine it getting an anime adaptation in a couple years if the author keeps up the good work.

Idk man, compared to rentarou from 100 GF. I felt like the MC isn't purely love the girls but more on the side of obligated to save them from disappearing, which is a bit of a shame
I feel like there’s quite a few interesting things which can be done with this scenario. The time limit certainly adds urgency, but what if the best thing for one Karin “personality slice” is for him to let her disappear? A question of selfish and selfless love. Not sure how the author would write that, or if it can really be done in this (sort of) life-or-death situation, however.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I put the MC's name into Google Translate for the hell of it. It probably means nothing.

"suzukaze" (kanji shown: 涼風) = Cool Breeze
"suzu kaze" (kanji shown: 鈴 風) = Bell Wind (wind chimes?)
Yeah it's 鈴風 read as a surname Suzukaze instead of the first names Suzuka or Rinka. A quick search on Japanese Wikipedia and Google suggests that it's a rare name for anyone, especially non-fictional, to have, as Galka pointed out in chapter 2.

That said, 待橋 Machihashi (Wait Bridge) seems even rarer. From a quick search I didn't see it being used as anyone's name, and pretty rarely even in names of actual bridges.

Don't really see any deeper meaning in either. Karin waiting for Yuu? Wow

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Logically speaking, how can He love Shy-Karin if He thinks, "not at all like the other two, or how she used to be"
I don't think there's anything logically inconsistent about loving someone at one point in time and still loving them after they've changed.

I mean, is that not what this series is about? You don't have to love someone for just one reason. :nyoron:

I wonder why she's the only one who wears glasses. I mean, they're all the same person right? Are they all short sighted? Are the others wearing contacts? Do they all have physical differences?

Fed-Kun's army
Gives me 100 Girlfriends vibes which I dig! Love the MC and can't wait to see the future. I hope if he saves them all, they all fuse to make it karin

This manga here is the middle ground between 100 girlfriends and pseudo harem

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there’s quite a few interesting things which can be done with this scenario. The time limit certainly adds urgency, but what if the best thing for one Karin “personality slice” is for him to let her disappear? A question of selfish and selfless love. Not sure how the author would write that, or if it can really be done in this (sort of) life-or-death situation, however.
Yes, it's a very poignant question here. He's essentially allowed to pick and chose which parts of her personality to keep and she's in a mental place where she could actually agree to shed some of them.

Dex-chan lover
The house whenever another girl is added:
Thanos--Reality-Can-Be-Whatever-I-Want-meme-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread