【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 141 - CHAIN

Dex-chan lover
This is very insightftul chapter and more people (at least in Japan) need to learn this so things can change for the better--- Holy shit Ruby's expression oh god this girl need serious help :worry:

Group Leader
Wait Ruby's kissing the real Aqua? NO BEATING THE INCEST ALLEGATIONS NOW BABYYY, LET'S GOOOO

Dex-chan lover
The way they are handling the retelling of ai's story is pretty shit. It's too much in the readers face. The characters are "talking" about the scenes and basically telling us how in what manner to interpret them, who is bad, who is good, etc. Which makes the whole thing kind of bland since they are chewing the answers for us

Double-page supporter
It seems Aka wants to follow in the footsteps of the creator of The Coffin of Andy And Leyley and I'm all here for it 🍿🍿🍿

Dex-chan lover
Ruby before this arc and Ruby during this arc are like night and day to me. It's not about having a fixation with incest or something to me (honestly I doubt many people think like that, it's just a meme) but her being in love makes her way cuter and more likeable than she was before. And that last page juxtaposing her and Kana is hilarious. Still waiting for the thing with her previous life's mother to blow up and give her even more character development than she's already gotten. I have faith that even though I doubt she'll end up with Aqua, Aka and Mengo won't mistreat her.

And yeah, this was a great chapter thematically with its discussion of subjects that even in 2024 deserve greater attention. I especially like that Aka didn't try to cover for the entertainment industry at all here... Sometimes in the past he has tried to act like there is no real villain and everyone is a victim, but the buck does stop somewhere.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't like the boring moralist speech here. The quality of the Manga dropped quite a bit.
Also himekawa 🤦‍♂️ "I'm a victim" "men are abusive" while being married to one, mother of one and sex predator of another teenager one
"It's bad what they're doing" so instead of fighting it and denounce it, lets do it to someone else, an innocent at that.

Dex-chan lover
If you think about it ruby hasn't ever gotten laid and she's like 45! She's gonna destroy aqua's dick with all that incest sex!

Moist :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
i have yet to see a manga where a parent suggest having their child see a therapist
It's not a parent, but I still think a lot about the Ethics manga having a chapter about the teacher introducing a student to a therapist, since they had the actual tools to deal with them.

Shocking how just the bare minimum of mental health awareness can stand out so much in the medium

Dex-chan lover
Just when its getting to be a boring skim through... the Ruby/Aqua romance has returned! Still hoping for Ai reincarnated as their love child.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh. So Ruby IS aware of what's to come. Wonder if she took the role just to do this. XD

Like I imagine she did it for real and the team be like "Wait wait! You don't actually have to do it!"

Readers really forget that Ruby only behaves like this because it's not her brother she loves but the man he use to live as. She's not Ruby around him but Sarina who just wants to fulfill her love while forgetting their blood-related in their new life.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If you think about it ruby hasn't ever gotten laid and she's like 45! She's gonna destroy aqua's dick with all that incest sex!

Moist :wooow:
??? Serina died at ~13, and as Ruby she's ~16 (i don't remember the exact numbers), at most she's ~30 but also we then veer into "how much of your mentality is derived by time experienced vs your body's hormones" hypothetical fantasy philosophy.

Dex-chan lover
HwBWPmH.png
The duality of Man

Dex-chan lover
remember Ruby's first scene when she was told to repeat the act over and over again?
well, I guess she will ask for it again here
It's either (it's up to Gotanda):

1. Ruby will get alot of retakes
2. Kana will be Ruby's double
3. Akane will be Ruby's double

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Probably 1.
Even if they personally making Kana's face, they will expect Ruby to keep it professional. As long as she pull out the scene, then they can just swallow it as doing acting and move on. If she's just fooling around, then expect a scolding not for kissing her brother, but for wasting time without any result.

Users who are viewing this thread