【Oshi no Ko】 - Ch. 158 - JEWEL

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how will Aka subvert our expectations this time.
This is actually Aqua with a stage knife, and the knife is actually placed on Ruby's side where Aqua pretended to stab her.

"Look, Ruby, we made a whole movie to drill this lesson into you: don't open the door without the chain. It could be some crazy stalker with a knife."

(I can cope, ok.)

Dex-chan lover
Obvious and overcooked, similarly to Kaguya. Kinda sad to see where the plot is going. Luckily anime is lit AF and judging what came to be with Kaguya anime, I hope this will go the same route and will end earlier in the story, just like Kaguya did.
im on the opposite side, while the anime has amazing production overall, this whack last part of the manga actually makes the part the anime is in weaker

we get these monstruous representations of Aqua's revenge, and im just thinking "sure lil bro, that will last"

FUUUUUUUUCK OFFFFFF

rage.gif

Dex-chan lover
seriously tho, the plot move too fast and too convinient, it's like aka's rough idea just turned into manga without proper development

Dex-chan lover
i wish to not die on the hill of optimism (also for maybe the incest to begin)

I was thinking if a plot twist will be between Aqua and that crow girl... as a doctor he wasn't able to save Ai and Ruby on his first life at hospital so it happening again opens a window to sacrifice himself to change the history.

Aggregator gang
Meh, she'll be fine. The signs have been to obvious that if she were to die, it'd just he bad writing for being too predictable

Dex-chan lover
Man this manga fucking LOVES repeating itself over and over and over and over and over and over
If they cut all that shit out wed be on chapter 80 right now

Dex-chan lover
So...is no one going to mention the rather interesting detail that bitch dropped while talking to Kamiki? She straight up says that he and her killed Ryosuke (in case you forgot that was the stalker who murdered Ai and "committed suicide" afterwards). That's another one to add to Kamiki's body count. It also directly contradicts what Kamiki said to Aqua about how he only intended to scare Ai by sending the stalker after her. If he truly had no ill intent, why would they need to murder the stalker after the deed was done unless they were trying to remove a loose end.

Also, I don't understand the logic here. So jealous bitch agreed to murder Ai because Ai should always be the top idol and by murdering her in such a dramatic way they ensure the public never forgets about her. But now her daughter is apparently "surpassing" Ai (not sure how she determines that but I'll roll with it) and jealous bitch can't cope with that because she can only handle being in Ai's shadow since she was her group mate and can't handle also being in someone else's shadow so her plan is to...murder Ruby in the same way she had Ai murdered thus enshrining Ruby in a similar way to her mother and ensuring she'll surpass Ai even harder. What.

Finally why is Kamiki calling this lady on the phone and telling her to turn themselves in, why didn't he just immediately go to the police and tell them about his accomplice and let them arrest her? The way this is set up really feels like Kamiki is just trying to convince her take the fall and deliberately pushing her over the edge in order to kill Ruby (we've seen earlier that Kamiki had plans for Ruby as well) meaning he hasn't changed at all.

A lot of things aren't adding up and it really feels contrived. Kamiki still feels like the final boss given how manipulative he's been portrayed and how unsatisfying his "karmic justice" felt with him basically just getting a free pass because Ai made a video saying she still loved him (Ai is notorious for not knowing what love is and can only truly say she felt it on her death bed specifically for Ruby and Aqua). Either Kamiki is truly some psychotic mastermind who has been manipulating things behind the scenes this entire time including the desire to murder Ruby still or shit is just being made up on the fly for shock value.

Dex-chan lover
This is so convoluted. Should have just gone for the easy win by giving us monkey-brains the Ruby/Aqua wincest happy ending.

Users who are viewing this thread