[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 3 Ch. 25 - Outrage

@aiMute As mentioned before, dealing with hate comments was her agency’s responsibility, not hers. Maybe I’d be nice if she have a devil-may-care attitude, but a person’s personality doesn’t work like that.

Personality isn’t something you change at a drop of a hat. Forced attempts to “get tougher”, usually involve one’s self to adopt rough and jaded attitudes, which only yields making yourself into a massive asshole to
This isn’t the first time people make this kind of argument. Try google the words “Victim blaming”.

In this case, Akane wasn’t being over-sensitive. On contrary, the level cyber-bullying displayed were criminal. Just like what happened to Kimura Hana.

I think we also need to look at how the showrunners handled the situation.

@Dorama summed up what went down nicely
Let's make it clear: she is not the problem here. She made a small mistake, an outburst of anger, frustation and desperation. She apologized and was forgiven. That should have been the end of it.
The entire production staff also witness both the conflict and the resolution here. Akane acted out from a bad place and Yuki understood and forgave her.

We're trying to be fed the idea that the show "isn't scripted", that the actors determine how the story goes, but just because there's no script or it's lightly scripted doesn't mean there's no editing/semi-written storylines/etc. That's not how reality TV works lol. We also know that this show's been around for a while, so the people involved have a pretty good understanding of how the internet responds to contestants they hate, especially if some nobody goes after the fan favorite. Failing to film the real reconciliation isn't the issue. Failing to either 1) make the call not to show the interaction or 2) show the interaction but also recreate the reconciliation to protect Akane and accurately represent the real resolution, is the genuine problem here. They want ratings and viewer interaction, and having both those things mean Akane gets sacrificed to fan backlash.

This show they're on isn't the Bachelor. The audience isn't in on the artifice, they're actively lead to believe this show is "realistic". If someone gets the villain storyline on the Bachelor, everyone loves to hate them, but they don't think that's actually what the contestant is like irl.

Here's the thing. I love Oshi no Ko. I love the story. I love the characters. I love the content. But as of right now, in this particular arc in these chapters, the manga is trying to criticize unwarranted, hateful fan backlash (which, valid) while failing to address the selling of manufactured, fake "authenticity" by the studio. The show and the showrunners are ultimately the ones failing Akane here, and they aren't going to care until she gets hurt because that's when their bottom line starts being affected. If this series is trying to address genuine issues with the entertainment industry and what it's like to "really work in it", then the manga also needs to acknowledge the bigger picture as well. Fans can be nasty, awful people, but reality shows know this, and don't try to protect their actors either. Both are at fault.

I'm curious to see what happens in this arc, but I'm going to keep sitting with a feeling of frustration if this particular part of the issue remains unexamined lmao.

MD@Home
@sleepyresident The reader can infer that the production crew is at fault here without Aka having to explicitly say so.

Referencing back to Kimura Hana:

> The 43-year-old mother Kyoko submitted documents to the Broadcasting Ethics & Program Improvement Organization claiming that the reality show was edited to present Kimura as a violent woman.
> According to Kyoko, Kimura's following of instructions from program staff as to how to behave on camera triggered vicious cyber-bullying against her.
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/07/7643022c815e-mom-of-terrace-house-star-files-rights-complaint-over-death.html

> Fuji Television said Friday that production staff of the popular reality show "Terrace House" could not have foreseen the cyberbullying of [Kimura Hana]
> Fuji TV denied it had instructed or forced cast members to speak or express themselves in a certain manner, or form certain relationships.
> Kimura's mother Kyoko said Friday she is unconvinced the TV network could not have foreseen the cyberbullying when similar cases involving the show had occurred before. She also said she doubted the investigation was impartial.
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/08/a5aa31ebe456-fuji-tv-says-cyberbullying-of-terrace-house-star-was-unforeseen.html

Fed-Kun's army
i

POTION SELLER GIVE ME YOUR STRONGEST NARRATIVES

Dex-chan lover
maybe all the assholes who send death threats everytime things dont end how they want in a manga or anime will reconsider now.

Dex-chan lover
I actually really like the portrayal of her attempt here. It's an impulsive, "I'm done with this shit" action that people do but tends to not be seen in fiction. She hates being alive so much that the inconvenience and frustration of trying to get food in the rain pushes her over into jumping off a bridge. I have been there.

Dex-chan lover
The (not) funny thing is that most of people who attempt (un)successful suicide seek release from suffering, subconsciously expecting that they'll feel the relief when the act is done. The irony is that once you no longer exist, there is no part left of you that can feel the relief.

Dex-chan lover
Akasaka unleashed really isn't something to mess with. Jesus Christ that was so real it hurts.

@Powerless
some people deserve the hate she hit the girl first which deserves the hate but not to the point that it leads them to sucide but something that should is the case with jhonny depp and his whore wife who acts like shes the victim and that she never started kinda like rihana when she hit chris brown first but chris brown was the only one that got the hate. "I remember she tried to kick me, but then I really hit her" i mean they were in an argument and both of them hit eachother and they admit it so both dont deserve the hate but in jhonny depp case he admits that hes hit her before but he says that she hit him first but the whore wife doesnt admit shit when there are literal evidences of it.
sorry for the bad grammer and bad spelling.

Double-page supporter
mm should've developed akane more before this, i don't care

Double-page supporter
mm should've developed akane more before this, i don't care

wah it double posted

Users who are viewing this thread