Oshibana! - Vol. 2 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
They really went at it, didn't expect that.

Anyway, I agree with lesseffective. Yes, she was manipulating him, but she gave him a choice, right? And he chose to do it willingly. In my opinion, liking someone doesn't mean they have to like you back the same. This path Hachiouji chose might be the one the current him deemed to give less regret on the long run. And don't forget the chance that Hozumi might fall for him for real in the future (which highly likely the way this manga goes).
The choice was effectively coercion. Saying "fuck me or I'll find someone that will" to the guy is presenting an unfair ultimatum.

Dex-chan lover
I think the author just wanted to draw some r18 doujin.
She didn't cared enough about these characters so she thought why not use these characters there.

Dex-chan lover
The choice was effectively coercion. Saying "fuck me or I'll find someone that will" to the guy is presenting an unfair ultimatum.
I mean at that point you just reevaluate is that type of person you want to be with? No? Fine, go fuck someone else. Bye.

The author is releasing a "non-canon" "unofficial" 18+ doujin depicting the events between pages 19 and 20 of this chapter at Comiket. I will be scanlating this once it becomes available and will edit this post with the link (haven't decided whether to post it as chapter 20.5 which would require changing the maturity filter on this entire series or as a separate entry on MangaDex).

Update: she plans to release it on DLsite and monetize it so I probably won't be posting it to mangadex, I'll try to get a translation on DLsite with their affiliate translator program once it's available.

OJ5dmVu.jpg
Did you get it?

Double-page supporter
So what's her damage, exactly? Other than being a shit person, there has to be something genuinely wrong with her. Sane people don't just do or think these kinds of things on a whim, while also exploiting others along the way and thinking nothing of it.
I think her "damage" is that she loves someone that is socially unacceptable to love for years, loves someone who won't love her back, and said person she loves starts liking a guy that seems to have fewer desirable qualities than her. "If she can like this person who also admired her, why can't she like me too? Is it because I'm a girl? Can anyone even like me to begin with?" Not to mention that the girl she likes is also great at everything and everyone loves her, making her feel even worse. So she goes to the one person she knows likes her to try and make up for the affection she won't get, can't get, from the person she likes, if for nothing else to just be ahead in something while she still can. While I agree how she manipulated him is scummy, I appreciate this...greyness in her character. Not everything has to be based on love. Sometimes it's just in the path of finding oneself.

Group Leader
Author has released the unofficial non-canon 18+ doujin taking place during chapter 20, and the English translation has been approved.

Link to purchase the English version (TL by me) here: https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01087511.html

Please note I am not personally profiting from your purchase, it was translated on a volunteer basis which is clearly stated on the product page. If you decide to purchase every cent (minus the DLSite cut) goes to supporting the author.

Dex-chan lover
Jeez, I feel bad for the Vice President. Being led on by such a dangerous girl, his kindness is wasted.
I guess he had to damage control, the bad bitch energy is too strong on this girl.

Contributor
My goodness, they just refloated this sunken side ship in one chapter, and these two went all the way with a home run too.

Contrary to other opinions, I don't have a very negative opinion of Hozumi, nor do I feel bad for Hachiouji. She's quite underhanded here, but at the same time she's also just a teenager who can make some pretty dumb decisions. Even if she "threatened" him in such a way, it's not like he was losing anything if she made good with such a dumb threat. He makes his own choices, and he chose to follow his heart. Now if that ends up being a mistake, then it was also a mistake for her since it takes two to tango and it's not like only one of them lost precious time in their lives by being together. Learning about consequences is also part of growing up.

But I want this ship to sail. This was a rushed and rocky start, but I want to see them make it work. She doesn't really love him now, but there's nothing that says she never will. She's unsure about only being attracted to girls and is trying to find an answer for herself. Love can be a gradual process and not a flip of the switch for some people. If they do make it work it could make a great foil for Sawa and Oota's own relationship.

I'm a bit dense. Did they actually do it?
Yes. There is an H-doujin that the author & artist of this story drew themselves, which canonically takes place between pages 19 and 20 of this chapter. It's supposed to fill in the gap and explain why they "suddenly changed clothes" on page 20 and gives a bit of context to their conversation starting from that point.

Aggregator gang
The sudden development and jump into nsfw territory along with the manipulation in this otherwise cute and lighthearted manga made me uncomfortable in ways I cant even describe 😫

Supporter
So what's her damage, exactly? Other than being a shit person, there has to be something genuinely wrong with her. Sane people don't just do or think these kinds of things on a whim, while also exploiting others along the way and thinking nothing of it.
Her crush won't even look at her seriously and she's acting out because of it. It's not at all abnormal, but people around her need to make sure she limits how far off the rails she goes.

This is still too far off but, given the state of Japan's mental health system, it might be the least-worst option available.

Supporter
Seems pretty clear she's perfectly ok with guys (or she would've looked for a yuri rebound instead). She's just not looking at one right now (and a pretty hypocritical shit for taking advantage of the one she knows is looking at her; given her state of mind, it's totally understandable but maybe not at all forgivable).

Dex-chan lover
  • my crush won't look at me
  • so i'mma fuck someone else cause i want to be ahead of her for some reason (?)
LMAO

but i appreciate the hentai, so thanks for that.

Dex-chan lover
My goodness, they just refloated this sunken side ship in one chapter, and these two went all the way with a home run too.

Contrary to other opinions, I don't have a very negative opinion of Hozumi, nor do I feel bad for Hachiouji. She's quite underhanded here, but at the same time she's also just a teenager who can make some pretty dumb decisions. Even if she "threatened" him in such a way, it's not like he was losing anything if she made good with such a dumb threat. He makes his own choices, and he chose to follow his heart. Now if that ends up being a mistake, then it was also a mistake for her since it takes two to tango and it's not like only one of them lost precious time in their lives by being together. Learning about consequences is also part of growing up.
Sorry but no. If you love someone, if you really care about them, then there is no way you can just stand there as they are about to do something REALLY stupid and to hurt themselves . Even if you know you are being manipulated, as VP here does, your feelings for them still compel you to help them and protect them in whatever way you can.
Realistically speaking, there was no possibility at all of VP saying "yeah sure girl, go whore yourself to your hearts content, imma wait here", that kinda reaction would have been totally out of character for him, and Hozumi knew it.
So yeah, VP was coerced into fucking her, because the alternative was A LOT worse.

Users who are viewing this thread