Osoraku Kanojo wa Ore no Aniki wo Neratteru - Ch. 37.5

Supporter
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
1,265
Not as bad as some other first translations, I don't think you'll get much useful feedback or many readers. Even with a headstart time wise since the overall quality isn't as high as Uwaki.

If you're gonna keep going on this series then you might want to scrounge up higher quality scans, or find a better method for upscaling. If Uwaki keeps translating though I don't think even that will get much traffic for you. I think @Amogh24 is right in that you should probably find something else you like which at least has a month+ of not being attended to by their group, or no group at all to translate.

You've basically made yourself a target for everyone who was enjoying Uwaki's releases since time wise they're excellent especially compared to other groups and we might lose them to your lower quality snipe. Best of luck anyhow.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Dec 25, 2019
Messages
4,471
The scan quality isn't great and from what I can tell from the very limited amount of content in this chapter, the actual translation/typesetting/polish isn't very good either.

Uwaki is doing a great job and are staying on top of things. There are dozens of neglected manga out there that need attention before you just jump in and snipe something getting quality work already. And worst case there are quality groups that throw their hands up when snipers come in because they figure if people are willing to accept lower quality stuff just because it's slightly faster then there's no point breaking their backs to do a good job and so they stop.

This isn't the answer.
 
Supporter
Joined
Jan 18, 2023
Messages
55
Just a heads up, sniping a popular series with lower quality scans is a great way to get people to block you and want nothing to do with you in the future. There are plenty of smaller manga that have been dropped or purged by Mangadex that you could pick up and garner some good will. I don't know much about scanlating but I do know that having a few readers in your corner supporting your work goes a long way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top