Ossan Teihen Chiyu-shi to Manasume no Henkyou Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - That's it! Let's move to a frontier town!

Dex-chan lover
Too bad it's dead. I love the way the artist draw the villains expression :kek:

Dex-chan lover
I sad, it's always the series that look interesting that disappear :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
OK tropes and clichés aside, I will never understand why authors think someone as talented as this kind of character is so undervalued by their party and tossed aside.

Sure their will be the occasional morally bankrupt party that takes advantage of a gullible idiot, but they would have to be terminally stupid to evict the baggage mule and free healing. 90% of the time this character is also their cook, guild manager and person that prepares their supplies and maintains their equipment...

Sure I get it, their OC needs a back story as to why they are so OP and has this demented pack of morons hell bent on killing them. But FFS, this has to be about one of most brain dead character setting ever.

Dex-chan lover
OK tropes and clichés aside, I will never understand why authors think someone as talented as this kind of character is so undervalued by their party and tossed aside.

Sure their will be the occasional morally bankrupt party that takes advantage of a gullible idiot, but they would have to be terminally stupid to evict the baggage mule and free healing. 90% of the time this character is also their cook, guild manager and person that prepares their supplies and maintains their equipment...

Sure I get it, their OC needs a back story as to why they are so OP and has this demented pack of morons hell bent on killing them. But FFS, this has to be about one of most brain dead character setting ever.
Cuz they're morons who think fighting power >>>>> logistics. Dumbasses like that tend to fail miserably.

Group Leader

This plus the self defeatist noodle spine MC really grinds my gears.

Dex-chan lover
Fired from the party check
Former party leader makes an ugly face when firing MC check
MC's former girlfriend revealed to be a thot check
MC has stupidly low self esteem (though this one's mandatory for previous checks to be somewhat plausible) check
MC was actually very good at his job check
MC finds a loli (probably a runaway slave) and helps her check

This is as cliche as it gets, can't wait to read more comments.

Dex-chan lover

Self insert + Japanese "we'll hit the head of any nail that sticks out" mentality + Everyone thinks they're better than they actually are (author + me included, everyone). Basically that.

Dex-chan lover
worst part is how they always fork over all they own to the ppl that fire them, as if they had any sort of obligation to them after that fact... I never get what that part is meant to reflect in reality, and it is super-annoying besides [that the mc's agree to it].

Group Leader
worst part is how they always fork over all they own to the ppl that fire them, as if they had any sort of obligation to them after that fact... I never get what that part is meant to reflect in reality, and it is super-annoying besides [that the mc's agree to it].
I'm thinking it some sort of Japanese/Asian work culture thing that we just don't have the context for.

Dex-chan lover
Hate to say it, but that is much more realistic. Not the part where the weak willed individuals become OP AF, but that the passive herbivore with a weak will gets sucked into an subservient relationship with a gang of thugs or abusive boss.

Have a feeling that why the genre is so popular as well. There is a large section of the audience that can relate to, and sympathize with, the MC's plight. It also makes sense for that audience to want to live vicariously thrue the MC as they punish their oppressors.

Supporter
Chapter one was a complete and utter waste of digital ink. Nobody is as stupid as this guy, and his party.

If the only power this guy had was item box, party leaders would orally service him to get him to join. You all have probably never carried a backpack with 75-100 lbs of bullshit in it. This guy pulls out a fresh fucking steak out of thin air at the end of this chapter.

Completely unbelievable anyone would think that was useless in any universe, unless of course everyone could use it.

Users who are viewing this thread