Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 9 Ch. 65 - Marriage 1

Well I mean it would be cringe to cosplay a fictional character at your own wedding. No shame in cosplay especially professionals, but I don't get making guests feel uncomfortable. But also I suppose they are doing a western wedding if they are inviting both coworkers and friends. I was under the impression that weddings are mostly close friends/family instead of casual. I'd be more willing to see it from her point of view if it was just the people closest to her, as they would be likely to understand that is a part of her identity.

As for the permission comment, like she has to ask him for permission to which he grudgingly allows rather than she wears him down enough to get her way. That is interesting take from both perspectives, I don't think Nifuji is profound though, if anything it highlights how they are always on different pages.

Group Leader
@pika09 @tenshineko Translator here, so it's not super explicit, but Nifuji does use the word for "to permit/allow," so it can be interpreted as Kabakura always letting Koyanagi carry out her (somewhat selfish) requests/desires. Alternatively, Nifuji could just be saying that to feed Kabakura's ego and make him seem like he's actually the one in charge LOL.

Dex-chan lover
Daaaaaaaamn... Nifuji with the +5 to Wisdom!

I would be fine with a cosplay wedding, but I'm in America, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fed-Kun's army
Next chapter:
"I dont mind you cosplaying for the wedding!"
"no! I should have spared a thought for you!"
""we really can't see eye to eye!!""

just kidding

Nifuji has grown so much! Giving advice to his senpai. Makes me so happy! :,)

@So-chan oof that's a bit harsh don't you think? Personally I think wanting kids or not is a very personal issue and it's not always cause they hate kids or something. Giving birth can ruin your body and change your relationship with your partner. There's also economic stress with having an extra mouth to feed. Overpopulation is a very real issue the world has. I personally don't mind having a kid or two eventually if I am able to but I wouldn't think so harshly of those who choose not to have children like @Takeshi80.

Dex-chan lover
@Roiya I'm only half trolling. Of course anyone can chose whatever they want, and of course you have to take into account your financial situation, but people have started families in much worse situations in the past. People nowadays are far too comfortable and they don't want to give away that comfort for the initial stress and hard work that is having children. But you have to remember that most parents have kids because they want to have a family. They want grandkids to teach, they want a bustling house during holidays, they want grand-grand kids to spoil. They want people to take care of them in the old age. They didn't went through all of that work to get a child with a bunch of cats instead. But it's entirely up to you to decide to end your family line on yourself, that is your own selfish choice.

@412001 ok.

Dex-chan lover
As a parent of two adult children the only thing I know for sure is there is no way to tell someone who does not have kids why having kids is so fulfilling. I know when we were dating and my wife asked me if I wanted kids, my response was, "Eh, I could go either way". Good for her because she wanted kids. I cut her off at two so we wouldn't be outnumbered. Do kids cost money? Yes. A lot, over a long time. I just started to get some of it back from my oldest in rent, until he gets married next year. Also you never really stop worrying about them even after they are adults, because they still make stupid mistakes even when you warn them. I can not imagine a life without kids, and when I look back on the laughs, the tears, the "Oh my god! What did you do? So much blood!", it was worth it. If you don't have kids that is fine as well. When you have little children though, they will teach you how to play like a kid again and that is always a good lesson to remember.

Fed-Kun's army
this is one of the mangas where I genuinely like all the couples :))

Dex-chan lover
@So-chan Sorry, but how is it a selfish choice to not want kids? Sure, parents can decide to have children cause they want grandkids in the future, but since when did they have a say on everything in their child's life? ESPECIALLY, when they're a fully grown adult capable of making their own life choices at that point??? I don't get it.

I've always been against the idea of parents controlling their child's life. "Be this X job when you grow up, have X amount of kids, buy this X house." Giving advice or an opinion is fine, but they have zero rights to be angry cause the child wanted to do something else. Let them live their own life. Don't force your own shit onto them. Maybe that's just my opinion because I've grown up in a typical strict Asian family.

you know... i never liked the expression that a wedding is mostly a day for the wife. it's suppose to be THEIR day isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread