Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 9 Ch. 65 - Marriage 1

Dex-chan lover
Dude should tell Koyanagi that if she's cosplaying through the event, he's going to smoke nonstop through the event.

Dex-chan lover
I do have to wonder why Koyannagi doesn't realize that he's gonna be embarrassed by the fact that she's dressing as a dude.
Like, there are implications to that, y'know? Implications that a man who's into yuri manga would dislike.

Dex-chan lover
I guess nowadays a wedding is a ceremony mostly important for the woman... but originally the purpose of a public wedding ceremony with lots of guests was to essentially socially cement the relationship in such a way that it will be hard for the wedded couple to separate without social consequences/ostracism. And the point of that is I guess utilitarian, which is to protect the family structure for the sake of children. But I guess nowadays people don't understand or don't care that the purpose of marriage are children, not having a fun party.

@So-chan i completely agree with you. I'm not a big fan of lavish weddings, it doesn't guarantee long lasting marriage life and it's a waste of money. It's all about the wedding industry imho. They get the money and doesn't really care about the outcome of the marriage. If they care, they would refund the couple (like a consolation money?) if a divorce takes place.

Dex-chan lover
The secondary couple wedding got shown and all, but will the main couple get the same treatment later on is the real question...

Considering the cover of the volume I would imagine the cosplay idea got shelved

Dex-chan lover
@Prieszt agreed. It all just seems like a marketing ploy to make people spend more money. All the "romantic comedies" that essentially focus on the wedding as being some kind of culmination of a womans life... when that's motherhood, not a fucking wedding.

Biggest complaint about this chapter is the sexism. It's more for women anyway is completely not true at all. It's for both parties and a man has just as much as a say if what he wants in his wedding than the woman.

Dex-chan lover
@Katrina
It's not what this ch. say.
Men have rights in their wedding decision? Absolutely yes.
Men are actually excited in the ceremony itself or in the preparations? Most of them aren't.

For most of men wedding intended as binding themself with their loved one is important, but the ceremony itself isn't.

Dex-chan lover
@no168_92
I'd like to joke that "Kou and Nao will have a child first", but I can actually see this manga moving on to a post-marriage phase.

You know....I never thought of this until now but the wedding’s planning seems to be the true test of how the couple works together.

Users who are viewing this thread