Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 9 Ch. 69

Dex-chan lover
Oh, we're back to "They" again huh. Especially considering one of the panels literally said Naoya mistook her gender. That would mean all three of them knows she is a girl by now.

jak

Contributor
Misunderstanding is over. Stop using the gender neutral pronouns bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that these types of comments plague any manga with gender issues but I got moderated for calling someone a bootlicker lmao

Dex-chan lover
some progress?
@jak i agree. we say this for many chapters and they still using it, and it looks dumb to read.

stop using they. she's a woman, why are you purposefully misgendering to troll? hopefully non-shitty translators pick this manga up

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY thanks for the update!!!
Cant wait! Thank you so much.
I also apologize on behalf of these rude comments.....

>Misunderstanding of characters gender because of ambiguous Japanese pronoun.
>Use "they" as a temp fix.
>People explain that Kou is a she.
>AUTHOR explain that Kou is a she through the characters.
>Still uses they.

Why are you trying to insert an asexual character into places where there isn't one? Are you serious? Bruv.

Dex-chan lover
@bavo541 exactly. Also, at the beginning he mistook her gender...so even going with “he” would have probably been fine, to remark even more the fact that for Nao was a guy all the time.
But I figured that probably the “them” was to not having issues between Nao’s speech and the other two friends’ speech (if Nao used “he” and the friends “she” it would have been ugly)...so “them” was a tl-safe choice too. Didn’t mind one bit.

But now? Why?

Dex-chan lover
Man, yall idiots really get pissed off about a perfectly appropriate pronoun, huh?

Heres an idea, instead of getting pissed off at the translator, who does this for free, go get the raws and translate them yourself. Simple, right?

Dex-chan lover
I’m legitimately surprised to people getting angry about the pronoun thing. I totally expected people to be shouting "JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!".

Fed-Kun's army
Been a while since i read this, got confused a bit when those 3 talked at the start of the chapter, i thought kou was talking about his 2 friends lol.
Anyway, next chapter should be good

BROOOOOOOOOOO THIS IS SO INFURIATING MY GUY. I LOVE THIS FUCKING SERIES, I LOVE THE CHARACTERS, THE SLICE OF LIFE AND ALL. I follow this manga to get a happy feeling, to be intrigued, to be excited, to be overwhelmed with the cuteness that is the characters interacting with each other. Not to be angry or/and stressed with something that ALREADY HAS BEEN EXPLAINED. WHY THE FUCK they still insist on using "they" for her? THIS IS A FUCKING GENUINE QUESTION!

"Ah. don't hate the scan, they do for free and work hard in it!" FUCK OFF MATE, seriously, this is the most bullshit excuse i've ever heard. If they offer themselves to translate this manga, they need to correct a simple mistake THAT HAS BEEN ALREADY EXPLAINED WHY YOU (for now at least) SHOULD NOT USE "THEY" ON HER.

I get that they work hard and i'm a ungrateful bastard blá blá blá. But I dont want to be stressed anymore with somethig that I like as much as wotakoi.

@epicfail48 rather than pissed off, maybe its more like @student4444 put it.. it can make some confusion..
comrade is a neutral pronoun too, not that it'll help any clarity.. lol

edit: lol i stand corrected, literally after i click enter there's someone pissed right before me 😂

Dex-chan lover
So are we ever getting back to narumi and hirotaka or is the author just gonna pair up all the side characters for the next couple of years?

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is frustrating to read, she really needs to just talk to him already. I get that she's insecure or whatever, I just hate unnecessary romantic drama like this.

Also, isn't "they" the wrong pronoun to use? Hasn't she been stated to be a woman?

Users who are viewing this thread