Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Vol. 9 Ch. 69

LMAO people getting up in arms just because they use the they/them pronouns for Kou. Lol.

Languages shape how people think. Japanese as a mostly non-gendered language means that the speakers do not have the same strong association with pronouns as an English-speaking person would, but they'd express their genders in other ways -- manner-of-speaking, clothing, etc. Which means that Kou can still be described as a woman in supplementary materials AND still use the they/them pronouns, and it is a perfectly fine interpretation to make in a translation considering how Kou has been portrayed so far. There are countless androgynous anime girls who still use she/her -- y'all won't die from seeing one character using they/them pronouns.

Also @bavo541 equating non-binary gender to asexuals (a sexual orientation)? Only shows how much you know about this subject, which is none at all. You're just embarrassing yourself lol.

WAIT THEY REUPLOADED THIS AGAIN WITH A "THEY" VERSION OH GOOD LOOORD
I read the first one they did.... the translators are now trolling for real though...... ugh bring back the first upload back

Dex-chan lover
I have to admit, most of my surprise about people getting all up in arms about Kou’s pronouns comes from the fact that I didn’t even notice that they were using they/them pronouns.

Dex-chan lover
Western pro-feminists being triggered by usage of neutral pronoun, what a nice comment section
Well if there's anyone to blame, then it's english language itself. For not having a proper neutral pronoun, heh.

@Shitposter42 well, I've known places where you could get banned for the nickname you have, mr. Shitposter, sir.

Fed-Kun's army
Reading up on how self-righteous retards are tearing their hair out over fucking nothing is quite cathartic really.

Also nice.

I kinda feel like if these translators want to make special requests that people not shit up the comment sections on these chapters over them insisting on incorrectly gendering Kou then they deserve to have their comment sections shit up.
Kinda funny that anyone trying to defend them is also contriburing to shitting up the comments.

Dex-chan lover
but tomorrow never came, because he died that night...
6z9i1Zt.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@tickub You... are quite a ruthless person, aren't you? Self-righteous retards, huh. Even if you think Nao shouldn't approach Kou every day so persistently and the other friends (who still get along with Kou) shouldn't encourage Nao, it's still, based on the chapter, quite extreme to call those three self-righteous retards (or are you also including Kou?). It's not like Nao wouldn't have taken the hint. When Kou told him, in an obviously lying manner after so many days, that she's busy and busy and busy, he still accepted it and turned around immediately. He didn't force himself into her company, disregarding her will. The friends are trying to encourage him, but pay attention to how the first thing they asked is if Nao did something to offend Kou. How is that the behavior of self-righteous retards?

I cringe so hard each time the translators use « them » for Kou even when she is a CIS GIRL and identify as so. I know they must do it on purpose to trigger ppl but sorry it’s soooo cringy.

When Kou feeling is just starting to open up to accept friends and theres Nao feeling that starting to feels more than a friend but still thought that its a friends feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread