Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome - Vol. 5 Ch. 604

Aggregator gang
Aw hell no. That better not be the ending. We didn't even wrap up the friends' relationships!

The more and more I read manga the more and more I lose interest in teen romance manga.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen something on the level of a Clannad that felt like there was a true goal in the story beyond “I hope I get an audience that I can drag with me until I’m told to stop.”

What I like in Manga over comics or cartoons are two things. Continuity and finality. Most sadly fail that second half.

Dex-chan lover
Garbage ending, not even a resolution to the childhood friend sideship.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was rather unfulfilling

@Koikun
The best your getting is chapter 587. It doesn't come right out and say it but leaves your to assume the best.

Dex-chan lover
@akabane I know, but you know was expecting a kiss or something, holy shit this makes Tomo chan pre epilogue ending look good.

Well, this is actually a right way to end this. Nothing is left unanswered. Mayu and Yuuki together ? Check, Mayu's problem with men ? Already resolve.

And I'm glad that the author didn't made Kei with Asuka in the end, because he never have feeling for her from the first time.

But, I'm agree about the need for epilogue, just to cover their lovey dovey side.

Fed-Kun's army
Meh, just as always "They met, became a couple and then the end. What ? Nooo, everybody knows that nothing ever happen between the first kiss and a timeskip to a wedding photo or a page with the girl playing/walking/talking with her kid ..."

Too bad the author went for the usual lazy ending instead of going deeper into the relationship, guess the magazine wanted this serie to end... The note will go down to 7 thanks to this kind of ending.
I get tired of this kind of botched up endings for "romantic mangas", they never go further than the "will they get together or not" nowaday.

Dex-chan lover
@phantom00 I have some bad news for you. That's just manga in general, regardless of the genre. The most common exceptions are manga based LNs, but the LNs themselves have the same problem, so in the end they still exhibit the same issues even if they have a well defined end goal in mind. This problem stems from the publication process, where all of these comics are just going and going until the publisher says to stop because the authors have no clue if they're going to get a new series and the publishers don't want them to stop anyway because they like to milk as much money as is physically possible from their consumer base. Every single manga I have ever read has been slow and meandering for most of its runtime. They usually don't even end particularly well, showing a timeskip to a happy family and skipping a bunch of development or culminating in some trite overused trope (like fighting god or the demon lord or something).

This is why I don't pay for manga. If I had to pay to read this stuff, I would find a different hobby. Manga is generally pretty low quality entertainment (even compared to a lot of western comics, Marvel and DC not withstanding), but the western comics aren't the cheapest, and a lot more manga comes out a lot more quickly.

Contributor
Oh ok that's good ending, kinda hate it when manga prolong the story too much mmm...

Dex-chan lover
@AnonymousWeeaboo If you don't pay for manga because it's "low quality", try reading another thing... maybe Russian literature from the XIX century 😒

It's a five volume romcom you can read daily for free in Japanese, for God's sake. The ending it's pretty decent, it's the full circle. I don't really care for their relationship beyond...

All that slow burn drama for a ending that was just as warm of a meh tier fire as the rest of the series.

Dex-chan lover
I suppose this was a fitting end when you consider this a personal growth manga, not a romance manga. This was about Yuuki and Mayu returning to normally operating citizens. The full circle served that point nicely enough. In that light Kei and Asuka got disproportionally large roles, making them look like main characters as well. However, when the manga was nearing the end, I'd say they were pushed back to their role as mere supporting characters. If the theme of the manga was healing the wounded Yuuki and Mayu, that also makes sense since Kei and Asuka had nothing to heal. Since it was going to be like that, it's a pity the author felt the need to pair up Kei and Asuka. If Kei had turned down Asuka, it would have granted an opportunity to further show Mayu's growth by having her console Asuka. It would have underlined this is a personal growth manga, not a romance manga.

All in all, a decent manga. Thank you, ElPsyKongroo, for bringing this to us translated!

Users who are viewing this thread