Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... Zettai Zetsumei! Hametsu Sunzen Hen - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - Duel

Dex-chan lover
I think I honestly like this better than the main scenario. I mean, it give me a touch more anxiety, but I think it's really really fun to read

Dex-chan lover
These fools be playin' checkers while Bakarina be playin' chess stuck in a Chinese finger trap.

Dex-chan lover
Geordo?
Isnt it Gerald or something?
Honestly do the translators even read the main series?

Group Leader
@Raydnt In "Geordo's case, since it is the spelling used in official Japanese material, I'd rather use it instead of "Gerald", "Jeord" and the like.
I made an exception for "Katarina" though, since I just can't use "Catarina".

Dex-chan lover
@maboroshi-no
Is his name not Gerald?
His name is pronounced Geordo in japanese but isnt that because Geordo is how you say Gerald in japanese?

For example I went to a maid cafe in Tokyo once, when I asked them how they pronounce my name they said it was spelled as "Deibbito" (my name is David)

So while japanese will say Deibbito it actually means David

Then again, there is another case in the Steins Gate series where the main female character is named Kurisu.
However its another case of Japanese pronunciation and that her name is actually Chris.
So while her name in english is actually Chris I refuse to call her anything but Kurisu cause Chris sounds lame af

What im saying is I was too hasty in busting your balls and Geordo is acceptable so sorry about questioning your translation skills

(Though in this case I personally prefer Gerald, likely cause that was my first exposure to the name)

“Closing your eyes in a fight is suicide” says the closed-eyed teacher to the open-eyed MC. It’s so funny out of context. (*>艸<)

Group Leader
@Raydnt
I guess I reacted too strongly. But when I said his official name is Geordo, what I mean is that in the TV Anime Prelude Book (official Japanese material) there is Geordo's name spelling in latin characters, and it was really "Geordo Stuart". Also, you can see all the guy's name spellings in the first episode of the anime, when Katarina introduces the love interests.

@maboroshi-no I think I prefer Gerald more too. Geordo just sounds like some weird con-lang. See if it's better that way in future scanlations. Again, appreciate your hard work a lot :)

Users who are viewing this thread