Otome Kaijuu Caramelize - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The High School Girl Who's All Alone

1st see : oh its manga fighting godzilla
reading : i see godzilla curse? interesting
end : HOLY SHT SHE IS GODZILLA LMAO

If u searching some unique romance, be glad here

Group Leader
It's published in a seinen magazine, for those who are wondering.

Supporter
now the next 20 chapters needs to be the 'destroy the whole city in a fit of blind love' arc where the Japanese military work to try and stop our titular character from destroying tokyo

@Cruentus For some reason Mangadex is continuing with the trend of insisting "It's the demographic of whatever magazine it's published in". Even if the author EXPLICITLY SAYS IN THE MANGA that it's a different demographic, the only thing that matters is that it's published in a Seinen magazine. In other words, if you published Fruits Basket in Shonen Jump, and Naruto in Melody (a josei magazine), they'd be classified on here as Shonen and Josei, respectively. It's dumb.

@Xitel Can't agree more. My efforts of searching for manga have been troubling with all of these hidden demographics that I don't read

Power Uploader
Sorry if the mangaka's intent wasn't clear. Mangaka was trying to say something like "Hey, this is shoujo. I'm serious about this, it's a shoujo manga. Why don't you believe me?!". You can also try to answer this question. Why would a mangaka who's been writing shoujo for the last 6 years start a new manga in a seinen magazine?

Double-page supporter
The magazine publication is the only objective standard you can use. I've literally seen some readers claim a series like Nisekoi is "shoujo," apparently because it has romance and girls who actually have personalities so it's "girly" to them. Fuck that.

And for this one, the author was obviously making a self-aware joke. They're a shoujo manga author writing what's almost totally a shoujo manga's first chapter...until the super twist.

I don't know... even if you put it in a seinen magazine, the art style, characterization, focus, and relationship treatment all look "shoujo" to me. Maybe it's a shoujo author trying to write seinen, but unable to shake the shoujo. Maybe it has a lot of cross-appeal. Maybe the later chapters will be more "seinen." I don't think it was much of a twist, after being foreshadowed to that extent, but maybe it'll be much different later on. For now, it feels much more like a shoujo series than a seinen one.

I don't mind that. I'm just observing that the tag is, at the moment, more misleading than accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread