Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Ch. 61 - Guardian Of The Earth

Dex-chan lover
Cool mech fight that’s just gunna end with the mc just letting the dude go probably.
I'm of two minds here, on one hand I really want him to die, but on the other this second loss should stomp his pride flat.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn't it stated that the Final boss was too durable for Luxion's main cannon to actually kill?

i mean if Luxion could just one shot the Final boss then what was the point of gathering a army, activating the super "useful" ship, and fight in the war personally?

Leon has been worried about this whole war because he sees this as a losing battle but a miracle "may" let them win, heck Leon even plans to grab his girls and run if they lose the battle.

Yeah, but this's also kind of vague at this point. Before this, he mentioned "if the giant eye has the same stats as the last boss of the other game", implying he believed the eye to be the last boss of the game. And as you mentioned, they needed+used the power of the saint to deal with it.
image.png

image.png

And when it dies, Leon seems to imply (before getting cut off by the pacifism field) that he believes the fight is over. Which makes him also calling this new thing the "final boss" kind of weird, if he should have expected it to show up regardless. My assumption at this point was that he was saying it in the general sense manga uses sometimes of just calling what you assume to be the biggest bad to show up in a fight a "final boss", and not saying that this is the same final boss as from the game (though that would make sense if the other guy was a Phase 1, and this is Phase 2).

It's worth mentioning also that the saint love ship is also mentioned as being weaker than Luxion, but just having a "special function" (the purity burst thing that purified/vanished the enemy and caused pacifism), which implies that its use is really against a specific enemy from the game (only those flute-summoned enemies went poof), and that it's not a power that's actually powerful in its own right. And the eye-gauntlet that infected the enemy knight (and which shares an eye motif with the rest of the big flute enemies here) is something Leon doesn't actually know about, but Luxion does, so Leon's knowledge doesn't actually reach to the end of the story (unless that's just a plot point that never gets resolved).

basically tl;dr, I don't trust that this thing is actually the last boss, or that Leon knows how this is gonna end. Luxion's main cannon is too big of a chekhov's gun (literally) to never get fired.

Dex-chan lover
This arc gives me Gantz Nurarihyon arc flashback, "it done, nonono, we have another phase" it's getting really tiring

Double-page supporter
what a letdown. such a boring story at this point. just neede some small alterations to make it paletable.

it's not enough. leon must suffer more since he thinks that not killing people from enemies' side on an impending war was a good idea. his reason was understandable why he didn't kill people but consequences are a motherfucker to deal with and his action's consequences ain't enough. at least a whole civ ship should explode or something lmao. sadly luxion is a plot armor manifestation so it won't happen.
I don't know how to put spoiler tag, sorry. It was revealed later that after the war he started to heavily rely on drugs to sleep, sure it show some hints here and there but his fiancee only found out around vol8.

Dex-chan lover
Well it is a far future setting rather than a pure fantasy world. Remember that Luxion accepted Leon because he has old human dna despite being a new human, with the implication that somehow being reincarnated resulted in a dna transfer. Though as to if the setting is actually a separate reality from the game, or actually a distant future is unclear.

Of course the reason for the 1911 is probably because the scene calls for a handgun and the manga artist pulled up a 3d model for one.
isn’t that tracing? I though that was as maligned as using AI as a basis

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or the TL feels rather MTL-y in parts?
You only noticed? Been that way for a while now (*cough-cough*MyleneScans*cough*).

I don't know how to put spoiler tag, sorry.
Come on, it's not that hard to figure out if you check the formatting options. It's either an "Inline spoiler" - first 3 dots button (aka "More options...") > face mask button or a simple
second 3 dots button (also "More options...") > eye crossed by diagonal line

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

The fantasy settings in most stories like this one really paint how stupid monarchies when they were at their golden age at our world - no wonder most of them are dead now :kek:

Dex-chan lover
Why the fuck is a M1911 Pistol in this fantasy world? I guess the in world explanation is the otome game developer was lazy, but a M1911 is a M1911, it's one of the most iconic pistols in history. And this drawing has every single detail, including the little ridges on the front barrel and they even detail the locking screw.

But that level of detail on the pistol makes me a little suspicious. It looks traced or they used a 3D model and turned it 2D.
Two world wars; +Fantasy mech war
The M1911 will never die:salute:

Well, safe to say they are kinda fucked lol. Until plot armor came at the end anyway lol

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how to put spoiler tag, sorry. It was revealed later that after the war he started to heavily rely on drugs to sleep, sure it show some hints here and there but his fiancee only found out around vol8.
damned if he do, damned if he don't.
but the thing is. if he actually killed every principality military men he fought like vandal baldy, he won't have a variable now like him fucking him in the ass. it's managing what is easy in a hard-to-deal situations.

Users who are viewing this thread