Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 11 Ch. 53 - Fight For My Sake

Dex-chan lover
QC has really been lacking for a few chapters now.

I do agree that at times it felt like author was forgetting about the whole matriarchy thing, but i think with war going on the whole hierarchy is thrown out of the window (see beginning of chapter 51). Also, i might be remembering wrong, but weren't women of this world not involved in military or something? Not much for them to decide during the war, if that's the case.
The exact wording is that "only the men fight and work, but the women hold all the power."

The only way I can understand that as a believable setting is that the men play the role of footsoldier while the women are the politicians and commanders. If the men were still the politicians and commanders, in what way would the women hold all the power? The men are making every decision here. Early on they gave hints the queen "held all the power" and the king was merely her puppet, yet now the king is acting independently and the queen has said to Leon multiple times, "I want to but I can't do that" despite being, at least according to the lore, the most powerful person in the country.

I don't think being in an emergency situation really matters either. If men take over during emergencies, they would just make sure there are constant emergency scenarios to continue their power. Especially so considering most of the nobles we've seen are completely self-serving.

I like some of the things the story does narratively, but the setting is bullshit and I wish they would've just been honest about the fact this is effectively the same as every other series with medieval aristocracy from the start.

Dex-chan lover
The exact wording is that "only the men fight and work, but the women hold all the power."

The only way I can understand that as a believable setting is that the men play the role of footsoldier while the women are the politicians and commanders. If the men were still the politicians and commanders, in what way would the women hold all the power? The men are making every decision here. Early on they gave hints the queen "held all the power" and the king was merely her puppet, yet now the king is acting independently and the queen has said to Leon multiple times, "I want to but I can't do that" despite being, at least according to the lore, the most powerful person in the country.

I don't think being in an emergency situation really matters either. If men take over during emergencies, they would just make sure there are constant emergency scenarios to continue their power. Especially so considering most of the nobles we've seen are completely self-serving.

I like some of the things the story does narratively, but the setting is bullshit and I wish they would've just been honest about the fact this is effectively the same as every other series with medieval aristocracy from the start.
Was it ever explained why women hold most power in the first place?

In any case, can't argue about the whole setting being inconsistent. Maybe it was supposed to be this way (cause it's a fictional game inside a manga), maybe author just wouldn't bother fleshing out a proper setting, who knows.

Group Leader
Remember when the setting was supposed to be women hold all the power culturally?

Yet here we are with a bunch of men deciding the fate of the kingdom. There is only one woman present and she is doing practically nothing.

I hate when settings aren't internally consistent.
The Queen married into the family from another country, so she only has some of the power. If Mylene was a native then she would be the most powerful in the country.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

When he present the opportunity to take the helm to win the warr, they goes silent...
:pacman:

In any case, can't argue about the whole setting being inconsistent. Maybe it was supposed to be this way (cause it's a fictional game inside a manga), maybe author just wouldn't bother fleshing out a proper setting, who knows.
matriarchal society, my guess? Something related with the saintess and how she saved the world before.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh please just take an extra month and read through this and fix it up… there is no way in hell that anyone who has English as a first language can read this and say it makes any damn sense.. :/ I’d rather wait 2 months for a damn chapter than whatever this has been for a while now.
Uhm yes, it's my privilege to complain about free translation

Dex-chan lover

I don't think the manga has covered it, but yes it gets explained. The short version is;
Historically there was fears that nobility would rebel against the royal family and so it was done to weaken nobles to lessen the chance of it happening. Obviously it's gone on far longer than it needed to and the plan had bigger consequences then expected.
There was probably more to it, but that was my rough understanding.

Leon & Marie are the only ones who make the mistake of attributing things to it "being a game", which as you've seen so far, results in them making decisions they regret.

Fed-Kun's army
i was reading the chapter and its fine really. but some of the comments saying the translation is bad and dang, theres that one dude saying its straight unreadable. Is it really that bad? can anyone explain? because theres one dude giving corrections, but aside for really slight minor tenses, it felt like a preference rather than corrections...
if its story altering or complete word jumble or typos, sure.. but this looks like a fine chapter to me, no?

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh please just take an extra month and read through this and fix it up… there is no way in hell that anyone who has English as a first language can read this and say it makes any damn sense.. :/ I’d rather wait 2 months for a damn chapter than whatever this has been for a while now.
can you explain which part turn u off for this chapter? it makes sense to me..

I don't know why, but Angie admitting to Olivia that she loves Leon felt out of place to me. I should go read the last few chapters to refresh my memory.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why, but Angie admitting to Olivia that she loves Leon felt out of place to me. I should go read the last few chapters to refresh my memory.
imo angie has been harboring feelings for leon ever since he stood up against the prince and his tag-along on the first 'condemn event' that so prevalent in the otome setting. that and when leon rescue angie from the principality flagship during the school tour too.

considering that leon is so unfiltered with his opinion regarding the current society conduct/hierarchy, angie feels that leon consider her as part of his inner circle.

Users who are viewing this thread