Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Sky Pirate Subjugation II

I'm pleased I started reading this, it's actually much better than I expected. Thank you for your work!

Dex-chan lover
> Im glad that this series got an update for me to be welcomed by MILFy Queen, but.... the first thing she said was "those morons"...
Its unlikely as a queen, but that is likely a MILFy mother....
HAIL THE QUEEN!!!

Dex-chan lover
Anyone know what chapter of the light novel this picks up from?

lol, I think they wrote themselves into a corner here. Livia is a genius so she could have been the smart one, but the talking ball makes her obsolete since it gathers intelligence with ease.

Dex-chan lover
oh this getting good. Finally the protagonist doesn't just say the perfect thing at the right time and it points out that all these isekai'd protagonists simply treat the world like its their plaything. It functions as a good plot device too since you have protagonists who essentially have power levels directly correlated with their old game knowledge; so to introduce tension you either make supporting characters suffer in response to meddling (being prescient cannot help you there generally) or the world itself angrily fighting back (which I can see this going the way of both via society and quite literally).

Queen best girl.

Dex-chan lover
Both Marie & Leon are responsible for changing the plot dramatically. Luxion shouldn't blame Leon alone.

#QueenBestGirl

Double-page supporter
Mr. AI is 100% right, most Isekai characters lack spiritual growth, when every problem is solved instantly you never have to face any real consequences, their sacrifices are hollow making all development cheap and shallow.

My respect for the author has risen quite a bit for pointing that out.

Aggregator gang
@Xoldin this sky pirates plot are in The volume 2 in the Light novel but it's better to read from volume 1 to get a few details the manga miss

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous the author point it out but then never actually gives his characters any real consequences or character growth. This arc is a good example of that.
Leon goes full gary stu and defeats the pirates without losing anyone or killing anyone, thus he comes out of this supposedly pivotal event none the wiser.

Double-page supporter
@Faryshta Thank you, I spoiled myself a while back so I'm aware of how the series turns out, I was just happy the author pointed it out at all lol

MC.....why are you written so dumb around Olivia.... he's Mr. Common sense against the princes but he can't say anything logical? "You have fire ass healing magic, keep that shit up" that's all u had to say

@Carlllamma

He's been treating them as if it were still a game. Essentially he hasn't really been treating anyone as if they were real.

The LN is pretty good & it goes into more detail, but our MC is in the middle of his realization. Give it time!

Users who are viewing this thread