Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

As someone who has read the WN there is my take for this series without giving too much spoiler:
-There is a reason for the unequal treatment for men and women, and this will be explained in time.
-The fact about the Father having a mistress will be explained too.
-There will be times where the MC will need to act submissive due to his position (nobility holds a great importance here), although he does get his revenge when he thinks he can get away with it.
-Everything is eventually explained, and nothing remains as a feature of the game that never get touched upon on how it came to be.

Overall, I enjoy reading the WN so I will also enjoy reading it in manga form, I can't say you will like this like I do but you guys should at least give it a try before deciding to not read it, especially since it has a slow start at first.

Dex-chan lover
@Porg
@Orange_Orange
@WhoCares
@Captaininvictus
>Angry_response#64
>Name_Calling#23
This manga has really sent you NPCs into a frenzy, uh?
I guess your programs have been too responsive lately and you can't help but be triggered by the slightest non-conforming detail you see.
Guess this will be a Follow then. Can't wait for the coming salt.

Dex-chan lover
It's funny how everyone always overthinking and bring unrelated stuff into this whenever this kind of manga show up. I guess i'll follow for the comedies lol.

Dex-chan lover
Synopsis reminds me of that one hentai doujin where females are able to reproduce on their own which eventually caused males to fall down to the level of livestocks. So men became tools which girls in school are taught how to use: mouth as toilet, semen for milking, sex for punishment. Basically a BDSM guilt trip.

Dex-chan lover
@Epicredeemer Just post some memes. They're sure to come flocking, as bees to honey.

1536912381213.png

Dex-chan lover
@Captaininvictus "I am the arbiter of what's garbage and if you like something I don't you're wrong."
That' a funny thing to say on a site for Mongolian cartoons. Everything here is garbage, but we still read it.

b8e.jpg

>Hey guys, I think this manga is nice
>This manga is bad
>But I lik-
>This manga is bad
>This manga is bad
>Yes, this manga is bad

I thought this was gonna roll like usual isekai otome game fantasy stuff, but then I saw a mecha ?.
It's ok, while the premise is rather cringey I stay for the mecha anyway so let see how this roll <3

Dex-chan lover
This is the sort of story in which, even if the core problem everyone has with the story (women > men) is addressed -- it won't matter at all, as it is currently too unejoyable.
As long as the reason for this "unreasonable treatment for men" is maintained out of sight, it just comes across as so negative that it renders the interactions in the story as pointless. Even aggravating.

> Men control all of the produce, and are responsible to go to war.
> Women are somehow magically more important than men,
> Every first impression we got from the characters, is that they have NO idea why that's the case. Even the MC, who got 100% on everything in the game.
> The MC, who should know why women come on top, still treats the world like "it makes no sense", so why should we?

That's about it. Even if we, the readers, find out why everything the way it is, the road towards that junction is paved with just too much bullshit. At least, that's my experience with these types of sadistic stories. It's almost akin to how in every single Chinese story, someone has to antagonize the MC, his family, his future children, his very molecular structure -- just because he dared to take the next stall to someone in the bathroom.
That being said, at least in most Chinese stories, the author also gives the MC some sort of a magical macguffin that allows them to transcend the absurd, unfair laws of the world with brute strength. In this story, though? No evidence of that just yet. It would be a lot more readable if there would be something like that in the future, but as far as first-impressions go? Yikkkeessss....

@Solipsist That is the explanation, bullshit. It was a japanese game with plotholes from the beginning but he is living inside that world now, dont think too much about it, if you dont enjoy it cool, but damn dont write too much for something so obvious

@Coulver I hope you are right, and will leave this on the back burner for a while before trying it again. (If it is a slow burn it would be better to binge it than follow weekly IMO, especially it it'll require an explanation for why things are weird.)

My own queasiness comes from how the author decided to make a matriarchal society yet not switch up who bears the burden of income in the family. This makes women seem like parasites of society, in a manner quite similar to aristocracy. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we were to have a full-on communist revolution in the manga, which would at least be a change of pace from the typical super-strong MC who makes all challenges trivial.

I don't believe the author and artist harbour any malice, but the beginning has felt a bit clumsy. Hope that changes like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread