Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

Contributor
The ladies on the cover sure don't look like they came from an otome game to me ~w~

I'm all for a reversal and/or deconstruction of gender role depictions on principle, but somehow that isn't the impression I'm getting as to where this is ultimately going.

Group Leader
The second chapter came out this morning. I've translated and redrawn it, just waiting for the typesets to come and it'll be out really soon. Cheers

Group Leader
Oops, that took me a while. Sorry :p

Seems like it'll take us a while to get to the fun part of Volume 1. But the author can take his time, I'm still enjoying it. It's always amazing to be able to look at illustrated stories as compared to a wordy web novel.

P.S. Reading the novel has made me so tempted to spoil people about the MC's family...

whaaat? I just picked up the novel -_- and since manga is blazing through the story might aswell drop the novel...

@Pokari

There are Otome games that have galge-like character designs.

here is a good example : https://vndb.org/v1009/chars#chars

And given it is explicitly explained in the first chapter that the company that made the Otome game previously worked on galge,
the female artwork of the graphic designers is likely to have a style that's similar to the one used in galges.
The female protagonist e.g. is a good example, she doesn't look very much like the usual otome game protagonist but more like a main character of a usual galge on the market (she's the classical childhood friend design).

Aggregator gang
The TL:DR is, wait until the manga's story reaches the point of the web-novel's 3rd volume before you give the series a final verdict. You are going to have to wait a lot for that though unfortunately.

Group Leader
Well, the novel dude's fine now.

This is unrelated but it's interesting to know, really, that the novel can promote the manga and the manga can promote the novel.

New chapter on 7 December.

Group Leader
Raw came out this morning. Done with the translation, we'll clean and typeset it as soon as we can.

This chapter is harder than usual when it comes to redrawing...

Dex-chan lover
This alt world sounds more than an otome game, it's a feminazi fantasy...

I look forward to seeing how the MC fucks that shit up.

Just finished the party night from the novel and ended up here, curious about what the other characters looked like.
Super glad I did, that added prologue was nice (can relate to his family situation lol) and the quality of each panel was unexpected too (or maybe I've just had bad reads on other novel+manga recently).
I'm still gonna continue the novel over the holidays hopefully further but boy do I look forward more to reading the manga too!
Mad respect to the manga's and scanlating's team, thank you very much! ?

Users who are viewing this thread