Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

This is a solid 9.
Even though it borrowed its cliche from Otome games, the trope didn't managed to overstay its welcome...
Good read.

too bad, i found this title today. The story is too great.

Should i read the LN?

Goddamn, I thought the LN will be about romance bullshit... never thought that the action will be full hype!!!
@ariqcs
Read it you won't regret it.

Just started reading the WN version and im Midway vol3.... I have to say am looking forward to the manga version of this. Shit is hilarious loool. Also the writer must really hate being a man and has very weird view of women.

Dex-chan lover
quick question about the
marriage between leon and olivia/angelica. when does that happen (light novel volume)? also, is it really a full-blown marriage as students or just an engagement like the wiki suggests?

Dex-chan lover
Originally only decided to check this title after I see the 'mech' tag and see relatively positive response here.

I must say mech portion still left something to be desired but Leon is pretty entertaining.

Double-page supporter
I like Leon as an MC but in the last few chapters (11+ after duel arc) he's giving off that classic shounen protagonist vibe and it's really annoying me.
(All the rest will be minor plot spoilers up to chapter 16)

I'm referring to the fact that he has managed to get the foundations for his harem going with two genuinely nice girls which show a clear interest in him (and he also likes). Sure he has a practical mindset and wants to avoid being thrown into the center of attention by getting with girls of very high status but he's also quite impulsive and often acts on his feelings.
He's already very infamous and getting more involved with those two would not put more eyes on him than there already are, if anything it would further dissuade people from going after him.

I'd be fine if he was uninterested in Olivia and Angelica but that's obviously not true, so why does he go around and lament over all the shitty women and the situation (the infamy) he's in?
In chapter 14, page 13 he says he's back to square 1 regarding his marital life but he really has no reason to with his infinite money and power from Luxon (which Luxon even points out on the next page but is not addressed by Leon). Does he just enjoy school life? Where now even more people hate him and he's forced to prostrate himself in front of shitty women?

And this is completely disregarding how OP Luxon is, even if he wants to live undisturbed there's nothing that truly threatens his life if he just settles down on his island, wife or not.

Dex-chan lover
@Degernase

Does he just enjoy school life?

Chapter 12, page 24. He indeed has enjoyed his school life. Or at least some part of it (his Tea Teacher, those two guys).

Also probably since he is knighted and actually got promotion from court, it probably will bring more problem (and undue attention) from court if he outright rejected it than if he get demoted or lost the rank altogether.

I'd be fine if he was uninterested in Olivia and Angelica but that's obviously not true, so why does he go around and lament over all the shitty women and the situation (the infamy) he's in?

Chapter 13, page 19. Basically he still think he is a mob and considering those two status (would-be saint and a Duke's daughter) he didn't think he get a chance with them beyond friend. Add that with classic harem protag denseness that unless the girls openly say they love him, until then he thought he still need to woo some shitty noblewomen.

Also I think Leon is closer to usual LN protagonist trope than classic shonen protagonist. I mean, a bit edgy, chick magnet, OP as fuck as plot demand.

Double-page supporter
Chapter 12, page 24. He indeed has enjoyed his school life. Or at least some part of it (his Tea Teacher, those two guys).
Yes but that stands in contrast to his constant complaining and how he acts as if his only mission is to find someone to marry. He could be enjoying his school life a lot more if he chose to not bow down to everyone (because there's really no reason to).
Also probably since he is knighted and actually got promotion from court, it probably will bring more problem (and undue attention) from court if he outright rejected it than if he get demoted or lost the rank altogether.
I agree he shouldn't have rejected it (higher status means less people able to go after him) but that's not tied to the school, with his adventurer reputation and decent social status he can just fuck off to his island. He has practically infinite money/resources with Luxon.
Chapter 13, page 19. Basically he still think he is a mob and considering those two status (would-be saint and a Duke's daughter) he didn't think he get a chance with them beyond friend
In the dungeon chapter (chapter 3, page 6) he notices Olivia's blooming affection and thinks it'd be trouble if it turned into something more, so it feels more as if he's actively avoiding it rather than thinking it to be impossible. The only logical conclusion I can come up with is that their status would make him too many enemies (but with his power and resources it's not an issue).

In addition he appears to strongly dislike the whole noble hierarchy so why does he suddenly respect it so much as to not even consider marrying above his status?
If it's a matriarchal society it would make even more sense for women to marry men beneath their status as otherwise their husband would have more authority than them in the relationship despite women generally having more societal power (as can be seen with the crown prince and Angelica).

Also I think Leon is closer to usual LN protagonist trope than classic shonen protagonist. I mean, a bit edgy, chick magnet, OP as fuck as plot demand.
I think I was just giving him too much credit, was expecting more consistency with his character but his values also shift as the plot demands it.

At the start he just wants as much power as possible so he can take charge of his own destiny, he had a clear goal and appeared to be willing to go far for what he wanted but frequently also made impulsive decisions for emotional gratification.
Though once he managed to obtain the power to fulfill all of his aspirations he still decides to not grab what his desires and chooses to keep playing the role of a cuck to the noble women he complains about all the time. This is completely different from my earlier interpretation of his character.

Users who are viewing this thread