A Bride's Story - Ch. 107 - Parents and Children

Double-page supporter
Really, Henry shared the stubbornness from his beloved mother. I know that she is anxious and worried when he has been out of touch for a long time, more so after knowingly that his son brought foreign woman.

But, I believe that Talas would win her heart. Bit by bit, Henry's Mother will accept her new daughter-in-law.

Dex-chan lover
I'm rooting for them from the bottom of my stone cold heart, Henry and more importantly Talas, deserve a happy ending.

Dex-chan lover
Y2UrxaT.jpg

Ouch.

Henry is amazing.
His goal of "winning his mother" is making her see Talas just one single time before she dies, wow.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, "mother dearest" really just said all that.
I know, different times and sentiments and all but it still hits like a brick to the nuts.

Actually, this whole series is being very tame about this. This is England at it's peak, during those times they were committing atrocious acts of violence and a bit of genocide even all over the world.
I expected worse with a cast that includes british characters. Mori toned is down a lot by having only the mother being against this marriage and she didn't allowed the characters to actually discus and say what they thought about those "savages".

Dex-chan lover
I'm so proud of my boy, he might not be a man of action but he sure has it where it counts

Dex-chan lover
Best couple in the best part of the greatest country in the greatest Empire in the world.

Absolutely marvellous.

Henry and his mother really are quite alike in their stubbornness. The difference probably comes down to getting his temperament from his father as well as being more educated and having been exposed to different cultures. We've all seen how the ignorant act when it comes to things they don't understand like anti-vaxxers. They tend to be scared of the unknown like most people are and it takes a little more effort to convince them otherwise.

I'd like to think that his mother was coming from a good place and not just holding onto some past glory she herself never experienced. It will be a cathartic moment when she comes around to the idea of her son marrying a foreigner, maybe realizing that her daughter-in-law came to a place where she knows no one nor speak the language of the people there. Hopefully by the time this happens its not on her deathbed.

Don't think of it as ignorance, the Victorian upper class were well-educated and, at least in England, valued the education of women. Think of it more as dashed expectations. Henry "marches to the beat of his own drum" to the consternation of his mother, this seems well-established. Imagine suddenly finding out that your son, with whom you have had no contact while he travels alone in dangerous foreign lands, has returned with a foreign wife who cannot speak your language and knows nothing about your (rigid and very important to your social class) social customs. Their social status as a family could be in question as a result, with knock-on effects for everyone. It's a reasonable concern, compounded by Henry's track record of disappointing his mother.

Thanks 4 the translation <3 I WHOOPED N CHEERED seeing this update then the last page arrived n i cried; I needed this...!!!

Double-page supporter
And this is how the largest and most prestigious wool textile company in the UK was started. It started with a small flock to please his young bride then it grew to a multiple large herd and ended up being the defacto standard everyone measures themselves against.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Actually, this whole series is being very tame about this. This is England at it's peak, during those times they were committing atrocious acts of violence and a bit of genocide even all over the world.
I expected worse with a cast that includes british characters. Mori toned is down a lot by having only the mother being against this marriage and she didn't allowed the characters to actually discus and say what they thought about those "savages".
Its not much different from when Samurai oriented video games like Nioh, Samurai Warriors, and other similar anime/manga series omits three of the most controversial aspects of the Sengoku period: 1. The subjugation of the Ikko-Ikki Sect, 2. The brutal Japanese invasion of the Korean Peninsula, and 3. The Shogun's government treatment of Japanese Christians.

Dex-chan lover
Best couple in the best part of the greatest country in the greatest Empire in the world.

Absolutely marvellous.

Don't think of it as ignorance, the Victorian upper class were well-educated and, at least in England, valued the education of women. Think of it more as dashed expectations. Henry "marches to the beat of his own drum" to the consternation of his mother, this seems well-established. Imagine suddenly finding out that your son, with whom you have had no contact while he travels alone in dangerous foreign lands, has returned with a foreign wife who cannot speak your language and knows nothing about your (rigid and very important to your social class) social customs. Their social status as a family could be in question as a result, with knock-on effects for everyone. It's a reasonable concern, compounded by Henry's track record of disappointing his mother.
I agree with most of what you said except that you can be educated and ignorant at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive

Users who are viewing this thread