Otoyomegatari - Vol. 12 Ch. 84 - A Letter

@Duralumin Thank you for scanlating this all these years. This is one of my favorite titles and I'm thankful you were able to bring it to my attention. Time to look for a bookstore I guess. Cheers.

thank you translator san for bringing up this beautiful heartwarming manga to us, i am truthfully grateful for all years you've spent with this manga :")

Double-page supporter
Ahh a shame. Thanks so much for translating the series thus far! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the series so far, and it really made me appreciate the artist and their other stories.

tbh I'm gutted this is being dropped, it's one of my all time favourites. But thanks for all your hard work @Duralumin , I really do appreciate it.

Damn, really liked this one. Hope someone else picks it up.
Sill thanks for the hard work until now!

Fed-Kun's army
@Apero thats what i try to tell Square/Enix, but they said i have to pay to play their games... If people dont pay then nobody will buy their games, so it should all be free for pirate.

That's not how this works. People aren't going to go buy the official release, they're just going to read something else and stop caring about this entirely.

I think Duralumin’s decision is right. Thank you for scanlating it for so long, I just found this manga, but I’m considering buying it all thanks to your work, and I’m sure it’s the same for a good number of people. All the best ~

This is my favorite manga of all-time, and I am SO thankful for Duralumin for having translated it with extreme competency for so long. Words really don't explain how much I appreciate it, and I respect this decision. Unfortunately, Otoyomegatari is not published in my country, and even if it was, I probably wouldn't be able to buy it. As much as I love it, I need to buy food, and even less than the equivalent of less than a dollar is crucial to me.

I won't lie in that as much as I want to support Kaori Mori's work, I also would like to keep reading her work online, because I really don't have any other choice. But one day I hope I'm in a better place in my life, and then I'll be able to support her monetarily. Thank you again for the work of translating this manga, it was one of best rides I've had as a manga reader.

Thank you, Duralumin, for all your hard work with this series up until now. It has been greatly appreciated 😊

@Pen3 Good point, but not entirely true for games either. If you could properly and reliably crowdfund everything about a game from start to finish, you wouldn't need a publisher. And you wouldn't worry about profit cause everyone responsible for the actual development of the game would have been employed and payed already. You could actually make piracy irrelevant, if you distributed your product for free yourself, and made profit not from selling each individual title, but from building up a fanbase for your studio that would sponsor your future projects. I bet Square Enix could crowdfund their games fairly easily.

And of course F2P games exist and are massively popular and profitable.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the awesome work - it let me know this manga-ka exists, and I've bought each volume as it come out! 😍

I'm looking around where to buy till the recent volumes online, cos this series is really just beautiful and I just wished that I have with me! Still no luck to find that ships to my country though so I appreciate the translator/scanlator who worked so darn hard for free, it feels like you just introduced me to a truly wonderful story, I can't thank you enough any other way.

I appreciate the work Duralumin has made over the years but his argument for stopping over "piracy" was already debunked by several studies around the matter. Piracy does NOT "lose" anyone money, generally. Why? Because people generally pirate for a few reasons:

1- They can't afford the item. The publisher was NEVER getting their money - since they don't have that money, to begin with. That's why regional pricing is a huge deal in developing countries, in his open letter he openly admits: "I hope you find a way to get hold of the official American release" fully knowly around this fact.
2- They were gonna pirate it no matter what. The publisher was NEVER getting their money because this type of person doesn't pay for shit no matter what you do. They were never a factor in your income/loss
3- They wanted to try the product before buying, scanlators usually bring visibility for a product and many international publishers use it to gauge the interest of said work, because communities are built around due to it, especially if the work has the potential for mass-appeal. Various studies have shown that a lot of these people DO buy products if they decide they like them and would like to support them if they're translated to their local language, which is often not the case regarding Bride's Story.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/22/eu-suppressed-study-piracy-no-sales-impact/

Group Leader
Thank you for the release!

While I do want to support the author, the English version is way overpriced so I'll just wait til they're licensed in my country..... Yenpress sells a volume for 19 usd soo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (my country sells licensed manga for 2-3 usd each volume )

@Samken
There are also people like me, who
4- Buy original volumes to support the artist (even though can't read Japanese for shit), but will never buy the Yenpress version, because theirs is complete crap compared to the masterpiece of translation that Duralumin has been serving us through the years.

I'm totally heartbroken guys :(

Users who are viewing this thread