Otoyomegatari - Vol. 14 Ch. 96 - Homeward-bound

Dex-chan lover
@nogenem I had the same thought, until a couple chapters ago I finally realized that the protagonist is actually mr. Smith: if you go back to the first chapter, you will see that he was there since the beginning, even before the first couple even met. This is the story of all the people and cultures he met in his travels; the new couples are introduced only when they have to meet mr. Smith.

This is the most bitter sweet update bruh. It was really nice to follow the boys in their souvenier shopping and talking about their respect for Henry.

But No Otoyomegatari for four months? 😭
I just hope the mangaka gets better opportunities for this amazing series.

Double-page supporter
No Otoyomegatari for a few months... [deep breath]
NmqcUAX.jpg

Aggregator gang
Thank you for your hard work, TSP!

Waiting four months is kind of sad but if it means something better for Mori and the manga itself then it's worth it.

Dex-chan lover
I can't shake the suspicion that the gaijin dude palmed off something incriminating, to Nik
dont be so negative bro, Mori aint gonna do that kind of bait-n-switch lole, she's not that kind of writer.
oh yea since this is your first Mori works, check out Emma its a classic.

@MawMaw
In hindsight of how Mori chooses the most positive resolution to every conflict and always have her protagonists better off in the end i suppose you're right. Guess it's just my bad habit of expecting the worst.

Lemme have my paranoid and tragic predictions, dammit XD

Will give Emma a read when I get the chance

Fed-Kun's army
Welp, that's wrap. Can't believe otoyomegatri's done. Good job, everybody! Thank you for all the TLs over the years and recently TSP. 😊

Okay, so where did Mr. Smith and Talas really go? I like Mori enough that I'd accept if Smith just went home but the like the guy said, the side's incorrigible. 🤔

lmao 4/20

Its been enjoyable and light to read, TSP. Thanks a lot for the hard work! See you as well on the flip side 🙏🏼

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the translation all the hard work. Merry Christmas and happy holidays. May 2021 will be better than 2020.⛄️🤶🏼🎅🏻🐻‍❄️🎊☃️🎄🎆🎇

Just caught up, thank you for translating and Merry Christmas to everyone.
I suppose this is the resolution of Nik's story, glad that he got something nice out of it. I can see a similar conclusion chapter happening with Ali, we'll see.
Other than that I guess the only story threads left are Amir and Karluk dealing with being caught up in the Russian invasion and possibly Henry and Talas settling down in Britain.

> This is the story of all the people and cultures he met in his travels; the new couples are introduced only when they have to meet mr. Smith.

"This Central Asian Bride's Story was really about a white man all along." :O

Back in ch. 74, Mr. Hawkins told Henry about leaving Nik the estate "In recognition of his honorable service at war". The way he changes his phrasing to "as a friend's gift" in this chapter is one of the charms of this manga..

Users who are viewing this thread