Ougon no Keikenchi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions:
  • p5 100 points is now available -> 100 points are now available
  • p6 light burns.. -> light burns.
  • p16 a bunch of a small fries... -> a bunch of small fries...
  • p17 beastfolks -> beastfolk
  • p20 was in a bad shape -> was in bad shape
  • p22 even if they look in such a pitiful state. -> even if they're in such a pitiful state. [OR] even if they appear to be in such a pitiful state. [OR] despite their pitiful appearances.
  • p25 I never saw anyone like! -> I've never seen anyone like her!
  • p28 but an humanoid -> but a humanoid
  • p30 I don't mind to be your boss -> I don't mind becoming your boss
  • p30 don't you want anymore -> don't you want to anymore
  • p31 It will be great if I'm able to tame -> It would be great if I was able to tame
  • p32 cost at the very least 150 XP. -> costs 150 XP at the very least.
  • p33 Another strong possibility is [Summon] and [Discipline] but... -> Other strong possibilities are [Summon] or [Discipline], but...
  • p33 There's no skill tree inside both of them. -> There's no skill tree inside either of them.
  • p33 Eat more Marion -> Eat more, Marion [OR] Have some more, Marion

Dex-chan lover
She gained 300xp for beating "a bunch of small fries", but chose poor eyesight (which will probably affect her until the end) for extra 30xp? What a moronic choice. I hope the poor eyesight won't be used as a shitty plot device.

Are there any NPCs in the game who were aware of the EXP system before the arrival of the players? If not, isn't telling them kind of a big thing? Same with with them being players inside a game world, I wonder if there are any limits to what the NPCs are able to comprehend or the players are able to say (if this isn't another wacky situation with the game world being just another dimension).

"Considering the amount of experience points it takes to do this". The amount of Experience points it took is 230. You got that within one (1) encounter.

Dex-chan lover
Boot Hour, Shoot Curse...
Quite an interesting name for MMORPG

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh: bitch elf just beat the shit out of some poor random beast girl and then took control of their souls...
great start (sarcasm)

She gained 300xp for beating "a bunch of small fries", but chose poor eyesight (which will probably affect her until the end) for extra 30xp? What a moronic choice. I hope the poor eyesight won't be used as a shitty plot device.

Are there any NPCs in the game who were aware of the EXP system before the arrival of the players? If not, isn't telling them kind of a big thing? Same with with them being players inside a game world, I wonder if there are any limits to what the NPCs are able to comprehend or the players are able to say (if this isn't another wacky situation with the game world being just another dimension).
She already experimented a bit in the closed alpha test and knows how every little xp counts. It gets much harder to earn it later on so she was going to min max as a close range fighter being carried by her martial arts for early game. She didn't realize she was going to spawn in a boss fight hell forest. Sure all those bosses are at the early stages but literally anyone else would get rekt multiple times. She got really lucky those "small fries" have their guard super down as they already explored that dead end cave and went out one by one while being distracted by their hunger and food cooking. She also reflects later on how big of a hindrance her negative traits became but also that she would never have gotten that far without them as every XP counts and she barely had enough. Subordinate not only cost a ridiculous amount of xp but it involves multiple branches of only vaguely related skill trees that ALSO overlap in purpose that makes you normally think you would not need another similar skill. In the late game where normal players do find out about that skill, they'll also hear it's exclusive to higher races to control lower races so instead of searching for the skill itself, they'll end up searching for ways to evolve/reincarnate instead.

NPCs knows EXP system exists in the game world but I can't remember if they call it that or just spending "your power". NPCs can also access their skill trees and unlock stuff.

This feels like Eminence in the shadow. The character design and stuff.
Definitely the roleplaying and moving behind the scenes too. Misunderstandings are also a big thing but the funny and unique twist is that it's because of HAVING meta knowledge.
"Of course the boss will have a 2nd form"
"Of course the dungeon will have respawning enemies and will be profitable to attack"
"Of course there's going to be the same shops built for the players near dungeons"
"Of course there will be support characters when it gets too hard"
etc...
They have no idea they were eating from the palm of the mastermind's hands for their own benefit the whole time.

Give me overlord with more chicks
More backstory too. This is like Overlord prequel where the monster guild builds up their bases, NPCs, connections and reputation. They are living the dream if being certified event bosses.

Good job ! Thanks for the work. This kind of reminds of “Her Majesty’s Swarm”
As strange as it sounds, Rare is simultaneously more reasonable and more psychopathic. She's more like Shiraori from Kumo desu ga Nani ka for multiple reasons. She gets pretty casual with killing as shown later on despite being in a position of wanting to keep the game balanced and still enjoyable for the general player base. She also acknowledges how real and sentient the NPCs are but always have the muscle brain tendency of just killing annoying things to get it over with. She still prefers killing players but mostly because NPCs are a limited resource but that just contributes to how little she hesitates with killing. After all, the best way to know if some one is a player is just to kill them and if the body disappears immediately, they're a player.
Instead of mental corruption or degradation, she gets...excited. Like alcohol, the game reduces inhibitions and gives the players a sense of euphoria and excitement with large and sudden increase in stats. She doesn't go through the typical arc of "nice village I tried getting along with gets attacked so now I shall go on a mad rampage against the world". She goes "oh i evolved and have an army, i think i can take that city. oh it was easy, let's try the capital then. oh it looks so pretty, it's mine now. oh that town will have a massive strategic value as a portal, i'll subordinate and control the upper echelons there". It gets worse, her subordinates get their INT & WIS raised and copies her tendencies...especially the newly born ones...

Users who are viewing this thread