Overgeared

What a shameless mc we had here, his shameless on par with WEED season 2 !!! I felt embrassed and cringe just reading this manhwa. Smh

Dex-chan lover
I quite like this manga (or manwha?). Big expansive and interesting VRMMO world. Interesting gimmicks in the game world.

But holy jeebus the MC is a huge dickwad. He's so bloody annoying.

Dex-chan lover
@Narha Korean is Manhwa, Chinese is Manhua and Manga is Japanese.

Easiest way to remember is to relate the Chinese with Hua Xia, their martial arts. Get it? Man-Hua(Xia).

Remembering one thing can help making the other easier to remember.

@Narha - yes MC is really an a-hole at this stage (like thinking only of money, hogging all the quest rewards and lashing out on people), but it actually changes with time passing as he meets new, kind people on his journey. His background is actually explained in the novel. - He was bullied a lot throughout high school (beaten, money stolen etc.) and even on classmates reunions he is the person everyone is making fun of - doesn't have a job, is under great debt, no GF, game addict, short and ugly. So he is traumatized, developes distrust towards people in general and much hate and jealousy towards people with good appearance and money. This is also common I think - people who do not have much would fight for every penny, because it is either to have a meal or not to them. Once person have enough money to leave comfortably at some level then he stops paying that much attention towards money. It was described in the novel in some early chapters and I think it will also get explained in manhwa at some point during one event. Anyway the process of change taking place in the MC is actually quite highlighted in the novel.

Dex-chan lover
This looks like an exact copy of The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor (edit: which is one of my favorite WNs, so this was pretty fun to read).

Edit: I'm at Ch. 200 in the WN, and I am thoroughly disappointed. The author is too brainless to write anything sensible, and I hope they fix it in the manhwa. Otherwise the average rating will drop to 5 or 6 from 8.5.

Here's what the author is completely retarded about:

* Retconning all the time. The author, 60 chapters ago, had said "the condition to become a hidden class would change, that's why people couldn't become X class even though they did the exact same thing: someone needed to do Y and Z, and another person had to do J and K, to become X class". Then Sehee (MC's sister) becomes growth-type hidden class, Saintess, at level 1 after saving an NPC on her FIRST DAY. Then the author says that saving an NPC was the condition to become a 'Saintess'. Sehee became a Saintess on her first day, while over 2 billion players didn't save any NPCs in over 2 years? Yet the author has the GALL to say that the class conditions were to save an NPC? This was the retcon that ruined the WN for me. Stop retconning your stupid crap, it went from 'billions of people watching MC fight' to 'hundreds of millions of people watching MC fight', from Ch. 100 to Ch .175, and that was a GOOD RETCON because the numbers made a lot more sense. This is a TERRIBLE RETCON when you change the conditions just to suit the needs of the MC.

* The capsule machine costs 10 million won (roughly $USD 8000). That wouldn't even cover the cost of materials for such a large machine, let alone cost of production, R&D, et cetera. That is so retarded. We know it's the year 20XX, so it's not even the 22nd century yet. Therefore, it is useless to say that humanity has discovered asteroid mining and achieved post-scarcity economy globally. That won't be done in the next 79 years from now, that would be more like 179 years.

* Fantasy creatures are way too small in the manhwa: 'Ancient Weapon' golems are 8 meters tall, and drakes are as large as a real life draft horse. You'd expect these powerful beasts to be two to three times their size.

* It is incoherent because "over 2 billion people play this game", but there are only 17 kingdoms. That means over 117 million players for every kingdom (let's say there are neutral factions who are not kingdoms, reduce it to 100 million each), but a decent-sized city has 70 thousand people? It should be bustling with players 20 size that number plus 1:4 ratio of NPCs. That makes absolutely no sense. If over 2 billion users play the game, then the world-building should be intricate enough to accomodate 2 billion players PLUS at least just as many NPCs and monsters. That means over 6 billion characters at bare minimum, yet the author's world is TINY compared to the amount of people supposedly playing this game (plus the NPCs who should outnumber them by a good amount because 1:1 ratio of NPCs to players doesn't sound like a good fantasy setting).

* The author describes every girl as 'white' or 'milky white'. I understand the author has a white girl fetish, but Jesus H. Christ. It gets mundane after 30 times of describing every single female character (besides Jishuka) as 'white'. This is not an exaggeration.

* Blatant South Korean patriotism. It goes from 'I am a reserve soldier, I did my military service for my country' to 'I became the hero of South Korea by defeating baddie Yankees who tore the South Korean flag!'

* Every single male character besides the plot-relevant male characters (guildmates, rival guild characters, NPCs) are there to sexualize the girls around MC. They sexualize his friends, sister, sister's friend, and even female NPCs around him... This is ridiculous, if you're not a male relevant to the plot, then you just want to get your dick wet.

* He should ease up on the cliché lines such as, "this moment would shake the whole world", "their story would go down in history", "they would be the ones to rule the world", etc. It keeps destroying our expectations so early. He has done this about 15-20 times until Chapter 203. A story where you know the end is not a fun story at all, unless you're talking about Ancient Greek works, dramatic irony, and you're there for catharsis. Stop telling us the end of the story: "they would go down in history books." "this moment would become legendary forever." SO. FUCKING. STUPID. CH. 200 is not even 1/5th of the NOVEL.

L3n

Since it has disappeared from most scanlation teams, here is a link with the latest updates of this webtoon. --> https://skscans.com/comics/854440-overgeared

Its indeed a pretty good story for a video games manga. But im really just not good with that kind of idiotic asshole mc.
Im really struggling to keep reading this

To those that struggle because of the MC, he does get better with time. I’ve read the novel and it has many epic parts. It’s worth reading.

I'm starting to get tired by this MC. After each chapter I see some people say that he gets better with time. I really hope that it's true, but for now I don't see much change. I hope he is going to evolve very soon because it's starting to be a pain.

how often are chapters released for this? seems kinda random so idk if its caught-up or what

The MC of this story as of now I think is like Weed from TLMS in passion, but wayyy noob in the way he played the game. Weed is portrayed as an expert in gaming (with the same mindset as Grid as in "money money haba haba") while Grid is.. well.. noob with sheer luck??
Ohhh, and don't forget the IRL personality, it's like a complete opposite as well.. So for me this is a nice refreshment as seeing someone this annoying compared with TLMS, a nice intermezzo :D

This series is getting painful to read. We're basically watching the MC repeat the same mistakes over, and over, and over, and over again. And because the author always magically makes things work out for the MC, there's no reason for him to grow or change. Ah yes, let's read about the MC cursing his circumstances for the 1,000th time without doing anything to stop it. I'm usually glad when authors throw in personality flaws, but we're wayyyy past just simple personality flaws at this point.

Seriously, characters like the MC are usually the stupid villains that we always complain are one-dimensional.

Users who are viewing this thread