Overlord

@MrSpoon Is the latest chapter supposed to be 57.2? There's a skip in the numbering right now (57.1 > 58.2) and I'm not sure if that's intended

If the anime is ahead of the manga, why bother making it a manga. Isnt it fine as a light novel without any manga adaptation?

Dex-chan lover
@fabiobsneto Omg this is the first time someone actually recognizes me inside a the internet, I dunno how to feel xDD. I always try to leave a comment whenever I go cuz... why not? I'm not gonna follow everything I see and the only evidence of me reading something that could remain is... a comment, isn't it? And could it be that you too came from Mangarock? 👀

Btw cute Ojou pfp

Dex-chan lover
@Pucci83 Because 1. It sells. 2. The manga will eventually overpass the anime in terms of progression. 3.Good black and white panels are always nice to have. 4. For those manga only readers? Or just for the fans who like the series and want more of it. There are other examples of manga adaptations that're behind the anime adaptations. So in general... Why not? xD

@AnotherRat Glad to be your first time lol. You could also just put things you think are interesting on "plan to read", though.
Also, I did come from Mangarock! How did you know?

Dex-chan lover
@fabiobsneto I mean, I do have mangas in other categories... A LOT. I meant those manga's you read out of curiosity, but don't actually fit in any MD list lol. I just like leaving a comment on most of the chapters I read xd.

Because I came from MR too! I was searching for good free manga websites a friend finds this Mangadex. No ads, a really good UX design, you can Add the website to Homescreen on mobile so that it looks like an app... I honestly believe this is the best manga website out there xD. I'm really tired of those naruto hentai ads or milfs near your house that somehow speak a foreign language lol

good manga but it gets kinda old fast
weird decisions keep getting made and it doesn’t feel like there’s a storyline
don’t get me wrong, these are definitely good things in the right amount but they went a little overboard

hun so I came here expecting the manga was ahead of the anime but its the opposite
I don't want to read ln because I'm already stuffed on the amount I'm reading atm
curious if there'll be a s4 of the anime really enjoyed it

I am a huge fan of Overlord, it was the first manga I ever read, and I instantly fell in love with it. I read all the the books, enjoyed all the obscure spinoff series and rewatched the show a hundred times. Love the whole storyline and general premise of the story. But with that all being said- Holy shit, I fucking hate goblin village roleplay hour.

The amount of time the author decided to set aside for this one story arc is egregiously long and it always wound out to be just be flat out boring in all attempts to tell it. I have no idea why all these amazing series with massive followings (i.e Berserk, One Punch, etc) nearly always decide to suddenly veer off from the main characters and needlessly world build and modify the flow and progression of the story just to focus on seemingly random characters we are now suddenly supposed to care about. Everyone still loved and read Overlord before we learned about how the ginger boyfriend has erectile problems or whatever with his wife, it was still just a good of show, if not better because it didn't have 30+ fucking chapters of goblin city builder in it. Why did we need to know about any of this? Wasn't this series about a Japanese skeleton man taking over the planet? Nobody, I don't care what anybody says, not a single fucking person started reading Overlord because of the Enri girl, or goblin solider #304, or her Lee Kanker looking-ass boyfriend.

Anyway, thanks for the upload. Rereading this all, it actually sounds pretty cringe of me. You guys do good work, keeping slogging away until the Holy Kingdom arc. We believe in you.

Dex-chan lover
@BanditHadron
This and the novel's version Ainz are the same as anime. He talks random nonsense and people around him are melting in orgasmic seizure. I didn't read the last vol of the novel, but I believe that nothing has changed so far. It's not that bad, but the situation is aggravated by a lame pace of the story. The novel had a very good potential, but a few volumes were wasted on fillers and now it looks like Maruyama got tired from writing. It also can be that he never had a clear understanding of how to finish the story. I have no idea why he didn't thought out the story roadmap before adapting WN to LN. Considering all of that, dumb Ainz is clearly not the biggest problem.

Dex-chan lover
@vodkavodka
Thank you for the summary. I read this up until about the Six Fingers thing happened, and watched all 3 seasons of the anime...

And for the life of me, I can't understand why this is so popular. Some of the characters are well-designed, but most of them are pretty meh when it comes to personality and story. The overall story is overloaded with edginess and nihilism, and it gets boring / depressing after a while, especially when it repeats itself.

Anyhow, thanks for that again. Not gonna bother reading anymore.

Yo lo leí tmb en tmo y estaba hasta el 58 creo me parece q se actualiza una vez cada mes tipo arifureta

Users who are viewing this thread