Overlord

@yarielist look bleach was made of "weak part" half of it running time (at least) and still I could enjoy it. I think I will be ok lmao

Double-page supporter
@lonewolf :
I already read Bleach, and it still better than this one ...
Go ahead and waste your time ...

There are no official release either for Translated LN ...
so yeah, probably already "dead" or "half-dead" now ...

I read all of the light novels, watched the anime twice and completed the manga so far. I am confident in my assessment that this is a dead or dying series.
There are a few reasons for this. I will list them in order of magnitude from the most cancerous to least.
First of all, while it is obviously easy to write about illiterate adventurers chatting idly in a tavern, it should go without saying that your readers do not want to see that shit.
Secondly, while it is obviously difficult to write characters who are smarter than you, it should go without saying that you can't just write about literal children playing house for entire chapters. You also can't completely omit all of the interesting activity being done by the guardians except to make mention of it that it's been done already. We had those great chapters following Sebas and penetrating into his psyche, those were some tense chapters. I really wanted to know what would happen next. Why is Sebas the only guardian who gets a side story?
Lastly, the total exclusion of meta is astonishing. Is the author actually afraid to explore anything meta? Why would you take such an interesting premise and overworld and write a slice of life? I feel like Fluder when Ainz took back his magic glasses, reading this. Fucking love this series despite all of that. It's good escapism, I find myself imagining what the guardians are up to and whether a super milky succubus mommy girlfriend will ever say ara ara to me.

@Noodlz not only is it ahead, I skimmed through some of the latest chapters and it seems theyve spent well over a year for the goblin village arc bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
i just started reading this days ago thinking it would be far ahead of the anime, but WTH, the anime that ended years ago is still tons ahead of the manga!.

same as @Noodlz and @andreariona

what's going on?, why is it so slow?, are the LNs that slow to come out?

Double-page supporter
You know I would probably be fine with the divergences if they didn’t take up multiple chapters. I mean their fine but they take up a bit too much space

I guess I have to keep on leaving this manga for half a year or more before continuing reading it again.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is overrated. If it's not talking about ainz oaal gown army, then it's a boring story

The fuck is this garbage? How many perverted toddlers are there in the world to make this shit have decent ratings? Couldn't even read half of the first chapter with the level of stupidity of the story. grabs NPC tits just to test something. Fuck off.

Even that Ryan Reynolds NPC movie has a better story than this kindergarten crap lol

Fed-Kun's army
I really enjoyed this early on, it stood as one of the more interesting isekai-to-monster manga/anime but the later story arcs just got to a unpleasant point and stayed there, with Ainz all but abandoning any semblance to having once been a human player stuck in his video game character(save for pointless and nonsensicle inserts of game phrases once in a blue moon). The support caste is far more interesting but never get quite enough screen time to make up for the downturn, I keep hoping the main story will stop being so unenjoyable but it gets worse every time.

Fed-Kun's army
The fuck is this garbage? How many perverted toddlers are there in the world to make this shit have decent ratings? Couldn't even read half of the first chapter with the level of stupidity of the story. grabs NPC tits just to test something. Fuck off.
lol. You don't even make sense. Putting 'perverted toddlers' and 'grabbing tits' together like that makes you sound really stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread