Overlord

@Sauruan yeah I agree with you, lots of authors like to derail to story to add new characters, sometimes its good, othertimes you go 3 years without seeing the maincharacter.

started reading this but finally gave up. I endured the three (?) name changes /aliases the MC undergoes in the first few chapters, the convoluted means to which he explores the world/tries to get famous, the random enemies and excessive side characterisation
did we really need like multiple chapters on lizard people who are side characters of side characters getting a romance arc??
the way the story jumped about was really confusing but it was okay. I stuck with it because the premise was really interesting. I liked the idea of a legendary and almighty figure ending up in a new world and instead of trying to start an empire, start looking for his friends.
naturally then that plan gets derailed in favour of world domination sigh

But the biggest thing is the "romance" elements. It's absolutely painful to read (people lusting after a skeleton man... HE'S JUST BONES) and generally otherwise competent characters losing all sense of reason in MCs presence because "they're in love". It may be played for comic relief but when all a character does is have horny brain and obstruct the conversation it's so boring and irritating. Like if all your character does is threaten to kill other women who look at MC, and try to climb into his pants is that even entertaining?

What chapter should I read if i finished all three seasons of overlord? I heard volume 10, but what chapter is that
Edit: nvm

Started great, now its stuck between mediocre and trash now. It shows when Maruyama Kugane just has no idea what to do anymore and has lost interest in what was overlord.

Double-page supporter
@lonewolf :
The story in Novel become so weak and trashy to the point LN translation get stuck (because no one willing to continue it) ..
even after get licensed, the buyer also get reduced a lot ...
At this point it might become Hidan no Aria, Official LN translation don't get continued and Fans continue it ...
However, fans translation still won't goes further longer even for Hidan no Aria because they lost interest too ...
This Overlord will face the same fate ...

Unfortunately it does what most Mangas do, it drops in quality. Killing people just for the sake of showing how evil u are.... What a waste of time.
Has that guy ever thought about, what his comrades will say about his doings? He may not have "emotions" anymore but he also left his brain in his real world.

Yeh

I seriously don't like how it's 99% of the time following those 2 humans. The whole audience is here for MC's world domination shenanigans, and this manga has devolved into a romance between 2 side characters. Seriously, it's boring as fuck now, and the slow progression doesn't help either.

Seriously, why do so many manga become like this? Fantastic start and setting, but it's ruined by cliche tropes no one, except maybe only the Japanese audience wishes for.

What's this? An Isekai that actually has the main character struggling despite his massive power, and uses his unfamiliarity with the new world he's in to flesh out the setting instead of becoming a power wank harem wish fulfillment fantasy?

I like it.

The manga really takes forever to catch up the anime, even s3 already aired years before. (And LN already about to progress to elven country
after human kingdom went to ash because of a silly character named Philip
.)

@yarielist I see, well I will be judging after we get to that point cause I don't wanna cross out this title just because it has weaker part

Double-page supporter
@lonewolf :
The problem is THE WEAKER PART KEEPS CONTINUING MORE THAN 3 VOL OF LN ...
This will make fans (including me) goes cold with the story ...
well, you are the judge for yourself ... so see ... looks ... and feels it ...

Yeah even bookwalker is noly up to chapter 49, why is the translation taking so long? i wanna read more of this manga

Users who are viewing this thread