Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 102 - SCP-8900

Group Leader
The actual article is a lot better. Also please remember this is a comedy manga.

Dex-chan lover
@jasty the regular SCP archive only goes up to the 4000s, so the 8900 number does not imply anything about the article's age.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, people are complaining about this one?

This is by far one of the best SCPs I've read so far (admitedly, I stopped reading on the site , sincem ost of them are just so, so terrible).

It's times better than your standard "Here's muder monster [REDACTED], if it ever [REDACTED] with [REDACTED], then it will [REDACTED] [REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED][REDACTED]".

Dex-chan lover
In the end humanity was the one contained. Enveloped in colors that corrupts the world and they accepted in reluctance or without even the knowledge that it is what it should not be.

Damn I'm getting sad over this. And it's supposed to be the gag version.

Dex-chan lover
Some of the best SCPs on the site are above 3000. Don't listen to any of these liars.

Loved this one just by the implication that we saw in shades of grey and defined those colors then the world made those colors something else so everything we see is not what the actual color is called

Dex-chan lover
I dunno. Anything past the 2000s series feels like their too fanfic-y.
Just too much of entries that are pretty much just "SCP Keter, stronk, can't contain, END OF THE WORLD OUTTA NOWHERE!!!!!" or just unironically bad. They need to be stricter on the quality check.

Dex-chan lover
As silly as this one might be, it always gives me a bit of a shiver when I read it. There's something terribly distressing about the notion of something so massive being changed, with no solution or possible cure.

many of my favorite SCPs are post 2000's. There's so much good work being done, it's always fun to see what's new <3

This is literally making an SCP out of a joke that Calvin's dad told him once in Calvin and Hobbes. I can only hope the original article was intended to be comedy.

Yeah, this was closer to a parody than a real SCP. Also, it's an older article - first published in 2010. Being one of the only EX articles on the site, it uses the gimmick pretty well.

@neet101 the tragedy of SCP (and all collaborative fiction) is that the more popular it gets, the worse the quality control becomes. Tons of newer fans have far, far lower standards for good content and will upvote just about anything, so it'll end up staying. The mainlist post-2K is very inconsistent.

So, the SCP universe/site really reminds me of pulp horror fiction from around the time of H.P. Love raft.

You basically had a bunch of cheap horror magazines that literally anyone could send in a short story to and it might be published. A lot of the regular authors corresponded with each other, borrowed story parts, and even mentioned other people’s work in their stories.

As such, a LOT of the stories were average. You also had the pretty bad ones (The Curious Case of Charles Dexter Ward), but you would also get amazing stories that actually impacted the entire genre (Call of Cthulhu, The Color Out of Space, Mountains of Madness, The Wendigo).

So, I’m not surprised to hear that as the SCP site became more famous you got a lot more of the average stories popping up. But that doesn’t mean you aren’t getting good stories, too.

@izanaroth essentially the community was hijacked recently. That's why later SCPs should be taken with a grain of salt. RPC is the new SCP founded by the old guard of SCP. All later level SCP are insanely cringe and bad.

@Kevin7557 I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. RPC was founded by the most juvenile of the SCP fanbase for one of the worst reasons. Everything I've read on that site was terribly written, and some are a lot more cringe than anything SCP ever let through.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@jasty
Didn't even bother to check, uh? Fucking newf♥♥s. Go to the page and check it's history - 17 Dec 2010
What makes you think they were made in order, we were building a world, theres bound to be some gaps

@iznaroth The people who hijacked the community openly boasted about doing so. Regardless of quality SCP was created by the chans, it is not some social justice warriors task to claim ownership of what they did not themselves create. Reality is not up for debate. How you feel about the official continuation is your subjective opinion, but there is nothing debatable about the facts beyond that.

@reu you made nothing, you stole others world and then butchered it. For example colored photography began in experimentation around the same time black and white photography did. The issue was that it was expensive and difficult to produce a substance that would take on the pigment of the photograph. Further colored paintings and cave drawings have existed as long as humanity has. Along with the description of color in innumerable older written works. Color has always been documented as long as there have been humans on this planet.

Further kicker there are in fact colors we cannot see because of how our eyes function.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Kevin7557 1. I was 12 at the time and am quite proud of the little I did. How exactly would one "steal" an open forum?
2. That's not what the scp is about though... There was color pre 8900, only due it's influence it was twisted into what we see now

Is it a perception altering scp? Reality warp? Perhaps it is just a perviously contained filter gone worldwide? Who knows, who cares it's an EX - Dunno what you're trying to get at with that last comment of yours

reu

Dex-chan lover
@Kevin7557 Also does the "Cownstant" mean anything to you?
Your so called old-guard is no better and just as zilly. 14,332 km/h cows - that's one way to lift beef to orbit

Users who are viewing this thread