Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 127 - SCP-2872

Aggregator gang
@Hollow7F: At that kind of speed the ramp doesn't matter anyway, the curvature of the earth makes it irrelevant.

Dex-chan lover
Unless the manga left out something from the actual page, it could have died in space. No guarantees that it's invulnerable in addition to being unaging, as the Foundation was unlikely to test too much for that.

Dex-chan lover
With Dr. J Fucked that up didn't he?
I expect him to be demoted to D-class immediately. 😤

Double-page supporter
who hired Dr.J!?
hiring him is basically hired a drunk guy on driver job

somewhere on the different galaxy,
the Alien's break news: "a unknown living being with 4 legs destroying neighborhood planet with speed of light!"
the Horse probably reach speed of light by now.... if he hit some planet, that planet probably destroyed if the horse crash into it....

@BobTheSkrull they never said it was still alive tho, just that it was 10 light yeara away from our solar system

Now, i know i'm trying to sound smart, but i knoe my answer is just as stupid as Dr. J, so i'll try to excuse myself by saying that it's 4 am and my brain is on autopilot.

@MoonLightXC @BobTheSkrull

The article actually ends with
As of the time of writing, SCP-2872 is 10 light-years away from our solar system, and appears to have lost forward momentum. Current analysis suggests that it is turning.
So while it's not (currently) continuing to accelerate, it is coming back around for another try at the Derby. That far out is way beyond the gravitational reach of the solar system, so it's at least still very much anomalous.

Dex-chan lover
@zizhou but that's not how space travelling works... if it's 10 light years away and lost forward momentum, then it would be stuck orbiting either a planet or a star (or a blackhole). It won't be able to go back to Earth if it can't move at all.

@aister I mean, horses also don't accelerate to fractions of lightspeed and achieve escape velocity, and yet here we are. If you're really going to make the argument for realistic physics, there's also no reason why it would have lost momentum in the in the first place once it was out in deep space, at least not on a human observable time scale. Something is acting on it, and the way most of these stories go, it is almost certainly itself.

Dex-chan lover
@zizhou I think the terms "losing forward momentum" is wrong. Wat actually happened, I think, is that he is caught in a planet or a star's orbit and his velocity isn't enough to escape the gravity of the planet (or the star). The only way he would be able to actually go back is to land on one of the planet, survive (which is possible), and then shoot back to Earth from that.

Dex-chan lover
Horse yeets itself into outer-space. Foundation reclassifies it as something that can destroy the world.

...Okay then.

@RWorld keter is more can not be contain not world ending but good amount of keters are world enders tho but this horse is not able to get back either

@RWorld Keter is the classification for anomalies that the foundation have no power or extremely hard to contain

the reason dangerous beings or world-enders are Keters is because they cant be contained either

this horse falls into the "No power to contain" part of Keter

see how Shy Guy is only a Euclid, he is potentially the end of the human race if everyone saw his face via the internet or something, but is only Euclid because he can be contained by a certain degree

Users who are viewing this thread