Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 143 - SCP-2085

Dex-chan lover
There's some merit to this one at least.

It demonstrates that quality control is truly dead.

Dex-chan lover
After reading this and the original article, the whole concept should've stayed in the sandbox..

Dex-chan lover
I feel like some people forget that SCPs are written by many different authors, so the definition of what an SCP is varies just as much.
Many SCPs tackle very differing kinds and levels of weirdness, weebness in this case.
Like, I prefer the ones where the author tries to show how a very specific rule set of an SCP is discovered through the foundation trying to contain it. Or the ones where over the course of containment the backstory of an SCP is slowly discovered either through interviews or test. This one does neither well and doesn't feel very interesting to me because of that.

Aggregator gang
This isn't devoid of quality completely but you can definitely see the decline of SCPs overall with this. Still appreciate the manga and translation so thanks for that.

Man, I'll be honest I absolutely hated the original article. It still doesn't fit, but condensing it down and removing most of it for the comic made it tolerable at least.

Group Leader
This is probably the least interesting SCP that I've ever read (and it's no wonder that I've never read the article).

But, why this single SCP is a sign of declining SCPs quality? I mean, SCP articles was written by various authors in the first place, there's no way all of them are good.

Double-page supporter
So... He's just a reality bender who is a weeb and really wants to be an anime protagonist?

Fed-Kun's army
@LoLyeah Because each SCP entry has to be formally accepted - the fact that this SCP was accepted means that the standards have been lowered and this is true. The early entries weren't fantastic but they started SCP and back then this SCP would not have made it in which says a lot. I don't know how authored this SCP but there's a few higher up admins and staff like get their SCP's passed even though they're shit and the worst thing is that these people are remaking OG SCP's

Double-page supporter
@petnavis It's basically just a worse version of the reality bender girl who they keep under control by making her think she is a witch.

Users who are viewing this thread