Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 35 - SCP-2000

Dex-chan lover
@roetheboat It is safe to assume that the last time SCP-2000 was used the end of the world happened so fast and was so catastrophic that all previous data of SCP-2000 being used and the reasons it had to be used were lost

I have a feeling it's created by the futuristic SCP foundation but an end of the world scenario happened so its technology got lost and everything restarted including the foundation.

Dex-chan lover
So many things with possibility to end the world as we know it ? and I can't remember anything from 25 years back! I might be a replica.

Dex-chan lover
Can't put my finger on why but of all the scps I read about or watched videos on, this one always unnerved me the most.

Dex-chan lover
As far as backup plans go, this is about as reliable as you can get.

I mean...disasters worse than what this can fix are basically unfix-able by mortal beings.

Dex-chan lover
..and to make it worse now 1422 stop functioning (whether it is part of broken 2000 or anything else), meant anyone with ill intention that captured the foundation member (who happened to read the 1422 article) now access to 2000 or get a glimpse of it as well, which could lead to k-class scenario with absolute no recovery if they destroyed 2000

Dex-chan lover
Makes it a more terrifying thought, since it could mean some SCPs are really humans and objects that managed to survive these apocalyptic events that occurred before. With the capability to endure such a trial, would they be something understandable by humanity?

Why this SCP is broken?
Can anyone explain it? I kind of not get what makes this SCP broken...

Dex-chan lover
they built their underground base in Yellowstone? isn't that literally like one of the worst possible places? it has a super volcano underneath it and if some super creature went on a world ending crusade i'm sure it would end up setting of the volcano.

Dex-chan lover
@retrocombine It doesn't actually come up at any point, but it is a potential theory(mainly crackish) to explain why the existence of some SCPs, or possibly even what they HAVE done in the past. The basic idea is that some SCPs came from previous cycles where the Deus Ex Machina was used to preserve humanity. They are past creations and beings that survived the past extinction events. Possibly, some were even human that were changed by such challenging times.
With such a crack theory like this, it does actually give some viable explanations for a couple things, like SCP-049. He sees current humanity as having the plague because they are simply clones/bodies produced by an SCP, not real humans.

Creepy. If theres an event where this machine gets destroyed or the earth blows up, than we would be completely screwed

Users who are viewing this thread