Parallel Paradise - Vol. 22 Ch. 216 - The White Knight and Red Priming Water

Dex-chan lover
images

Double-page supporter
I wish this becomes a anime but not only 12 episodes like okamoto lynn other works

Aggregator gang
I wish this becomes a anime but not only 12 episodes like okamoto lynn other works
That anime would be too straightforwardly Hentai...too much risk for the studio involved.

There IS a reason why you do not mix sex scenes with meaningful story. The sexual part is too distracting, and sooner or later the whole story will just revolve around sex - which it does.

The only way this could happen would be a huge fan base, which I simply do not see. For example, on reddit, Parallel Paradise has 2k members, whereas Elfen Lied, another Okamoto manga, has 5.4k members. And Elfen Lied is like 20 years old and it is long over. I guess you can argue that elfen lied's popularity is (at least partly) thanks to the anime it got, but my point is that the parallel paradise community is way way too small.

... and Parallel Paradise isn't getting any more popular either, it has too little (->story) to offer for mainstream, non-hentai fans. So no huge fan base either. It's a shame really, because the story had several points, where it could have broken out from the "protagonist only have to mate to overcome an obstacle" mold. And it is obviously nearing its conclusion.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There IS a reason why you do not mix sex scenes with meaningful story. The sexual part is too distracting, and sooner or later the whole story will just revolve around sex - which it does.
Which is the case of "Isekai Meikyuu de harem wo" (Harem in the labirynth of another world), the anime revolves purely around the harem (which was incomplete only showing 2 girls and the 2nd only appeared when the anime was almost over, with the rest appearing in the very last minutes of the last episode while the credits rolled in) and the sex scenes, while the manga actually focuses a lot into the story and development of the characters too with the sex scenes being a bonus per say.

... it has too little (->story) to offer for mainstream ... because the story had several points, where it could have broken out from the "protagonist only have to mate to overcome an obstacle" mold.

While I don't agree with the 1st part, where I'm not gonna lie I came for the hentai and stayed for the story and mistery behind it all, seeing the hentai as a bonus, I do agree with the 2nd part, there were indeed times where the story could've taken a turn other than the constant need to mate.

Dex-chan lover
Little brother really having delusions here. At least 9 different women damn near killed him for thinking everyone likes him. How many more is needed for him to learn this lesson?

---
OK. Shooting my shot for predicting the next 5 chapters.

1. She will try to kill him - which becomes a battle between Leighmary and ... the other forgettable one.

2. Then plotwtist! Leighmary's pretending to lose her reason because her Saiyan pride is too strong.

3. She finds the weakness of the witch bitch.

4. Then our "wonderful" MC strikes (read strokes) the witch into submission

5. The witch gives advice about slaying the queen. For you know ... plot reasons.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Isekai Meikyuu
It is different from that, and I tell you why.

In parallel paradise, sex is a superpower of the protagonist.
In Isekai Mekyuu, sex is a bonus after a job well done (slaying monsters in dungeons, making money, buying property).

That is why, the released anime has two censored releases. You can censor the sex out, leaving the story intact. (A censored version is an absolute must, if you want mainstream appeal.)

Whereas, if you censor the sex out of parallel paradise, the whole story loses its meaning. You cannot have a censored version pf PP without killing the story itself.

Users who are viewing this thread