Parallel Paradise - Vol. 25 Ch. 244 - Ecstasy of the Fierce Tusks

Banned
I dont think Leanmary would make it but if she does, hopefully she wont have sexbwith Youta because the guy doesnt deserve her.

Dex-chan lover
I actually wonder what the japanese think of these chapters.
They can't possibly like this awful writing can they?
Surely they don't have shit taste...

Most Japanese know how to separate real from fiction, fun from serious, wild from structured. And they look down on those people who can't, that's why actual NEET/obsessed/judgemental otaku are considered disgusting and hopeless, but make up only a tiny fraction of people who actually are into anime and manga.

If they didn't, then the outlandish, bold and diverse range of styles, themes, topics and genres in manga/anime never would have happened. Even today in the Isekai-filled landscape, there is more diversity and creativity in that genre than all of western comics/young adult novels, if you know where to look.

In the worst case, they have the awareness to recognize that one person's trash is another's treasure, and refrain from judging because the same is true about their own tastes for someone else.

The fact that you and, I would safely say, a majority of others can't do the same here, and feel the need to apply non-compatible expectations, storytelling styles, and at times "muh realism" to it, speaks volumes as to the difference.

It's not people who like this manga who are degenerates or have shit taste. It's people who are intolerant of it, and judgemental of people who like it, who are.

Well at least if you are in the Japanese community. You're welcome to your perpetual negativity, I suppose I shouldn't judge either. But looking at them, vs here when someone always is on hand to tell everyone how shit this manga is and crow about how it deserves to be dropped (but somehow they haven't)....it's not bet which community i think is a better place to be in, or has the right of it.

Last edited:
Banned
She already straight up said she hates his guts and he knew she was telling the truth I thought?

That is true but this is a fucked up world and if Youta might get her defenses down because she is still a female of that world even if her will is strong. I just dont know what Lyn has planned for her in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Uuh...
Aren't boars and pigs the same species, just one is domesticated?
Read a while back that escaped pigs just redevelop boar features after a while

Dex-chan lover
Uuh...
Aren't boars and pigs the same species, just one is domesticated?
Read a while back that escaped pigs just redevelop boar features after a while

Yes and no, the wild boar is the ancestor to domesticated pig breeds but that started in about 13,000–12,700 BC and there are differences, domestic pigs tend to have much more developed hindquarters than their wild boar ancestors to the point where 70% of their body weight is concentrated in the posterior, which is the opposite of wild boar, where most of the muscles are concentrated on the head and shoulders.

It would be the same as saying a poodle and a wolf are the same even if, of course, domestication of dogs started much earlier but even so, you can see how selective breeding altered the domesticated boars removing the less desired features.

And this is before we going this is a "fantasy" setting so you shouldnt read that much into it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The only acceptable ending is Leemary kills Youta then Youta went for another timeline reset and we are back to the time where Leemary is still human.

Dex-chan lover
We're all here since it's soooo ridonkulous that it's... "good"? If not good, then interesting at least.
I'm most definitely NOT bored aside from that arc with the slime girl witch, that dragged a bit and was repetitive even though I understand how hard it is to fight an opponent like her.

I'd read this over My Hero Academia any day. Every time I see a new chapter update, I literally think "what kind of stupid ridiculous thing is gonna happen next in this chapter?"

Double-page supporter
Most Japanese know how to separate real from fiction, fun from serious, wild from structured. And they look down on those people who can't, that's why actual NEET/obsessed/judgemental otaku are considered disgusting and hopeless, but make up only a tiny fraction of people who actually are into anime and manga.

If they didn't, then the outlandish, bold and diverse range of styles, themes, topics and genres in manga/anime never would have happened. Even today in the Isekai-filled landscape, there is more diversity and creativity in that genre than all of western comics/young adult novels, if you know where to look.

In the worst case, they have the awareness to recognize that one person's trash is another's treasure, and refrain from judging because the same is true about their own tastes for someone else.

The fact that you and, I would safely say, a majority of others can't do the same here, and feel the need to apply non-compatible expectations, storytelling styles, and at times "muh realism" to it, speaks volumes as to the difference.

It's not people who like this manga who are degenerates or have shit taste. It's people who are intolerant of it, and judgemental of people who like it, who are.

Well at least if you are in the Japanese community. You're welcome to your perpetual negativity, I suppose I shouldn't judge either. But looking at them, vs here when someone always is on hand to tell everyone how shit this manga is and crow about how it deserves to be dropped (but somehow they haven't)....it's not bet which community i think is a better place to be in, or has the right of it.
You just wrote an entire essay about how this isn't shit tier writing by using relativism (someone's trash is another's treasure) and claiming that the Japanese are somehow more accepting and less judgmental than westerners when it comes to stories (pro tip: they aren't. Just look at social media and how they attack creators just as much).

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to spend 15 minutes writing a dissertation on why Okamoto's writing is bad and how he derailed the entire story, which until a couple volumes ago was passable as a really entertaining fantasy + dystopia mix.

Dex-chan lover
You just wrote an entire essay about how this isn't shit tier writing by using relativism (someone's trash is another's treasure) and claiming that the Japanese are somehow more accepting and less judgmental than westerners when it comes to stories (pro tip: they aren't. Just look at social media and how they attack creators just as much).

Unfortunately I don't have enough time to spend 15 minutes writing a dissertation on why Okamoto's writing is bad and how he derailed the entire story, which until a couple volumes ago was passable as a really entertaining fantasy + dystopia mix.

Social media is as one-sided and toxic as it is anywhere else in the world. However, search further and you'll notice that social media posts are still softer than in the west, and message boards, which are still a thing, are places for civil discussion Rabble-rousers exist, as they do in any society , but are far more controversial.

Have you actually lived in Japan? Talked with Japanese people? Worked with them? Shared with their hobbies? I have.

This is really the problem. Most people have a very warped idea of what japanese culture actually is like, because their only exposure to it is attention grabbing news or online posts. People think it's intolerant, and it is, in a way. It's intolerant of intolerance. It's intolerant of people who don't know how to respect others, their lives and their most especially, their work.

Please don't claim to me that the Japanese are more judgemental than westerners. Not when the latter regularly engage in culture wars among themselves, impose their views on everyone else including those of other beliefs or cultures, and so on.

Have you ever heard of a Japanese insisting their culture, their values are better to foreigners? I might be doing that now, but what about them? Have you ever seen them make news articles, columns, reports, manifestos or the like about issues in other countries? The west often seems very interested in doing that the other way around.

People know that japanese culture prizes conformity. You just have no clue what that "conformity" really is like, which is based on mutual and institutional respect.

I'm not going to argue as to why this manga is entertaining either. But at least I have a different reason than your judgemental position. If you like it, then you don't need it explained. If you don't like it, there's thousands of other manga on this site. And the responsible thing (as a properly adjusted Japanese would do, not a toxic little shit otaku living in his mother's basement which are the Jps you're thinking of) would be to drop it, and not stick around seemingly with the sole purpose of imposing your perspective that everyone should think this is shit...especially when you seemingly can't make the effort to even explain why. After all, everyone should simply accept or know what you know, and if they think otherwise, they should simply be dismissed, hm?

Oh and you can say it's relativism if you want. It doesn't change the fact that while western comics become ever more so formulaic, IP-bound, politically correct and focus-grouped, and many at least attempting to conform to the ideals of "good" prose, it's a shrinking and increasingly creatively bankrupt industry. And it's being steamrolled worldwide by the sheer diversity and boldness of Japanese manga. There's a reason most other countries, except notably certain other asian countries, struggle to capture that same spark when they try to create their own "manga". It seems that in the real world, "relativism" works pretty well for the medium.

Hope you enjoyed the 2nd essay. You might disdain the wall of text, but to me it's called giving fair consideration to the topic.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
i wonder if i should just drop the series and wait for it to end eventually for me to read it all in one go. i want to know how this ends, and how the whole mystery gets explained, but honestly im not really that engaged anymore and every chapter makes me lose my interest.

Dex-chan lover
i wonder if i should just drop the series and wait for it to end eventually for me to read it all in one go. i want to know how this ends, and how the whole mystery gets explained, but honestly im not really that engaged anymore and every chapter makes me lose my interest.
Just be warned. You could be looking at hundreds of chapters.
I've been waiting for more than a hundred chapters for them to explain the neck band thing and currently it looks like it's all but forgotten. Kinda surprised this managed to get that long.

Dex-chan lover
I actually just did that yesterday, been waiting/dropped it for a whole year and binge it on bulk. My plan is to drop it and revisit again next year :02:

Dex-chan lover
The series is doing well enough to get a bi-weekly release schedule for over 6 years, so I'd assume it's racking in pretty good numbers.

I've seen a lot of other very good series with great writing gets axed like 20 chapters in.

Dex-chan lover
You know, in case my previous post was not obvious enough about it.

I'll just say the series goes about things an interesting way. Some people like that. I like I it on and off so I can see why. And because it just seems to me that people like saying shit without explaining themselves, I don't feel like bothering getting into that anymore. Not like I can convince anyone to change their mind.

But more importantly, even if it would never be a mainstream manga, or lauder for being well-structured or understandable.....so what? Does every bloody series need to be? That's my point about why non-manga media is so restrained and creatively narrow.

If you STILL can't accept there's any value in this manga, then take it as because this "trash" exists, other interesting manga can exist too because of a broader culture of (literary) acceptance.

But honestly, the fact that it can continue to run, in a magazine and not some web comic farm no less, speaks for itself.

And if you want to drop it....just drop it? Why the FOMO? The series will be on the net reasonably forever, if not here, then somewhere else. You can always read it again later if it really matters that you finish it when it's done. You're not buying the magazine or tanks. You're obviously not recommending it to friends if you're moaning about it here, and I think safe to say most of the same people are shitting on Lynn no matter what now. Stop dramatizing your decision to keep reading, as if it matters to this series or beyond yourself. That's probably what I can't stand even more, the incessant, self-important "threats" of dropping it, as if it's some weighty and consequential decision. And if you're not doing that and just genuinely feel disinterested....yea just drop it. It goes all the way back to everything else I said.

Users who are viewing this thread