Parallel Paradise - Vol. 5 Ch. 49 - Scream / Dream

Double-page supporter
@criver
Or maybe so that we could all read it?
If you have a translation of the missing chapter by all means tell me, so that I can stop bitching.
Thank you!

Dex-chan lover
@Garrett: Look, you're not entitled to any chapter, so stop whining. The TL translated this for whatever reason and some people actually do appreciate it.
Do realize that you are not the center of the universe, so the fact that you got pissed, isn't a good reason for this to not get uploaded. Don't like that it's translated ahead? Wait for the official release. Bitching here only makes you look like a self-centered kid throwing a tantrum. You basically want to ruin this for others because it's not the way you like it. Not unlike the kid below and his birthday tantrum.

Double-page supporter
@criver
Wait if me being pissed is a good reason not to upload it doesn't that kinda make me the center of the universe?

Btw keep your weak rethoric to yourself, the points I made are perfectly sound and reasonable.
I didn't pretend anything and I just expresed my opinion on the matter. It IS stupid for a translator to just gliss over chapters just because.
He could have contacted the original translators and lend a hand, but he purposely chose to piss people off jumping chapter.
Can I judge him? No, he probably have his more or less weak reasons to.
But sure as hell I am entitled to being pissed and nag about it.

Now sheate your sword knight, and go fight another internet battle.

Nvy

Fed-Kun's army
Lmao @ comment section.

People read this for the story??

Dex-chan lover
@Garrett: The "points" you made are neither sound nor reasonable. The only thing you did was speculate that the TL does this to piss people off for the lulz, when there's only evidence for the opposite. You basically thought up a dumb little backstory why the TL translated this so that you can bitch based on your fairy tale. How about you consider for a second the notion that you're not the center of the universe. Just because you're pissed doesn't mean that the TL specifically translated this in order to piss you off "for the lulz".
Also, no, you are not entitled to nag - you're simply being a self-centered immature little prick, so you shouldn't be surprised when people point it out.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiwilicious: What's more baffling is that some do read the notes, and then still come here and throw a tantrum because they didn't get what they wanted.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, its gonna be a pain waiting to find out if its all in his head or not.

eyoo thanks for the note. i probably would have gotten half way through the chapter before i thought "wtf is this" if it wasnt there.

What the fuck, there's a whole page with a warning. No room to bitch. Get the fuck out and do something with you lives people.

Fed-Kun's army
For all the people saying "There's a whole warning page dedicated for people who don't want spoilers".
(Fucking sheep, say something new at least like about how your bellylint collection is attracting mass media attention)
This is still stealing from whoever is the main translator, which is as some of you might guess, a dick move. I get that he's new and all to this TL thing as he says in the warning but that doesn't change basic TL etiquette.

@criver I think that the point @Garett is trying to prove is that a) This is stealing a TL work no matter how you look at it and that leads to b) Sniping(stealing of TL works) is a wonderful gateway for the original TL'ers to drop the series just because some dude on the internet wants to compete with them.
Some TL groups don't want to have to compete with solo TL'ers since
"people should be just grateful for the translations" -the point of basically everyone who said there was a spoiler page and said we're only bitching since we're entitled fucks
instead of quality typesetting, editing and redrawing.

@criver the burden lies on you to disprove those points and not just say that they're weak, and so far your dumb ass hasn't done anything of like.
It really sucks to see the group leader be forced to drop a series you like working on just cause some random guy on the net wanted to compete with your group so if you're reading this Cricked I hope you at least contact Hyaka from Hyakuro trans and help instead of going solo since they are a small group.

If someone wants to release faster, more power to them. I'm grateful either way. They clearly just wanted it out faster and they did so. They even stated the reason for skipping chapters, so I really dont get all the bitching.

Dex-chan lover
@Saviticus: This is not about what you think Garrett's point is, it's about what it actually is. He clearly stated that the TL is translating this to "piss people off for the lulz", just because he himself got pissed off. Then he had the audacity to say that he's entitled to bitch based on his delusions regarding the TL's motivation.
Also note that the burden of proof lies on the one making statements. He didn't present any arguments why his speculations might be true, and his feelings are not arguments.

Now to address your points. I can see where you're coming from when you consider this as "stealing". On the other hand the manga doesn't belong to either group. If the original group decides to drop it, just because a dude is making his practice translations available, chapters ahead to boot, so be it. That's on them really. Also the group leader cannot be forced to drop the manga by the guy translating chapters ahead, if he drops it it's by his own will really. While the fact that there's another person translating it may contribute to this, nobody is being forced to do anything really. If anything, this may make the group's life easier (depending on the proficiency of their TL), since they will have a rough reference for the future release. I don't see how this is hurting anybody, if anything it brings only positives.

Leader of Hyakuro Translations, Hyaka-chan, who translated this series from chapter 27 to 45, has just posted her opinion about this matter on reddit. https://www.reddit.com/user/Hyaka-chan

@criver So you admit that sniping chapters contributes to groups dropping series, because of the lower readership from sniped chapters. And somehow you don't see how that hurts anybody?

*EDIT* Just saw Hyaja's response to this. I just hope he doesn't get burnt out having to rush like that.

Users who are viewing this thread