Part 1 of the upgrade has been completed! Your feedback on site speed is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it is just me or not but I have major problems loading things on this site. It takes 10-15 seconds to actually load the page just on the home page for example. It is even worse with manga because after that the images take 30-45 seconds to load for each one. The only thing I can do is just spam reload the page to try and get it to load or read somewhere else...

XXxxxadisxxxXX I'm having the same issue, the last days it was faster than ever. But since 8-6 hours ago it became impossible to load any scan without it loading for ages.

Double-page supporter
everything loads so damn slow 10 minutes and one page barely loaded half way it feels like dial-up i had to check my connection cause i thought it was the problem but every other site loads fine.

Dex-chan lover
same issue as others, it take several minutes to load pages, and it is not my internet, just checked and it's at a healthy 125 Mbit/s

Contributor
Mangadex is getting DDoS-ed if you haven't seen the announcement

I dont know if its me but my loading speed of pages have become incredibly slow today everything was fine yesterday but now its super insane even if i try to preload i can sit and wait for a good 10-15 mins for 20 images

Contributor
You peeps should read the announcements in the main page:
Service update (Jan 27th)
We are aware of the slow loading. The site is probably getting DDoSed, so please bear with us while we work on mitigation.

_S_

Contributor
Whole site seems to be responding slowly to inputs related to the manga chapters

Lately (the last two days) the site takes forever to load images. This includes chapter pages, thumbnails, user avatars, etc.

Still slow. I'd say have the gov't block the offending ISP, but it seems DDOS attacks these days use multiple vectors into the targeted server.

Power Uploader
Can U do smthng with this DDoS already? The site have protection or not? I just can`t anything read.
Ddosers must die. I curse their life and their family`s.
Has anyone a DeathNote?

Dex-chan lover
@Fadamor
Nowadays, DDoS attacks begin by infecting millions of insecure IoT devices worldwide.
Asking the government to block the offending ISP is equivalent to blocking the entire internet. Not what anyone would ever want.

What we really need is governments to stop demanding backdoors, which hackers can exploit once they know about them. And for companies to take security more seriously, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread