People who do not use sites like MangaDex, Kiss***, etc, who also only buy officially translated Manga... how do they find out what manga (new and exi

Contributor
When I was young, I would use Shonen Jump (magazine). I would go to the library and check their Japanese Comics section (or whatever it was called at the time). That was the only way I even knew something existed.

But what about now? I'm completely ignorant regarding this topic as I've been spoiled by sites like this. Amazon.com? I am aware that Amazon.com provides suggestions, so perhaps that encourages people to explore new content. But then they would have to actively be looking for new Manga.

So if they don't use scanlation sites, what do they have or use to find out what manga (new and existing) is out there?

Fed-Kun's army
Check the translator site or by community I guess.
It's kinda hard to find good ones when you can't read japanese.

Crunchyroll has some manga, but its limited.

As mentioned above- it's kinda hard to find decent manga when it has not been translated because of how recent the development or it never picked up enough traction.

Miku best girl
Admin
I think that the simple answer is that you wouldn't be able to.

Titles only get localised if the English publisher knows that it has a good chance of being popular - they aren't going to spend thousands if they think it will be a flop.

https://myanimelist.net/ is pretty good.

And then I usually buy at https://www.bookdepository.com/ .

Power Uploader
You can't, the scanlator community is literally the reason new manga gets popular outside Japan. People are not going to spend money on something that might be bad.

Power Uploader
S-Jump was and it still the best way to get manga affordably in a good variety. Only issue is that Jump itself is heavily limiting and now that they went digital only it results in less spread. Luckily compared to 10~15 years ago it's much easier to hear about series as we're moving ever closer to mainstream appeal. Also even though bookstores are dying, there usually is a section for manga (because it sells).

Contributor
Well, it's easy in France, you just have to look for the next releases and you will see if something is interesting for you or not.

Group Leader
MangaUpdates shows all the licensed manga.
You can filter on date.

Users who are viewing this thread