Pinky Candy Kiss - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Group Leader
Ema's marriage seems weird because she's deliberately closing herself off from him emotionally, so that she can survive in a loveless marriage. Her husband surely must understand this, but he seems to believe that if he just sticks by her long enough he'll eventually wear down her walls and she'll fall for him for real. You'd think this not happening after more than a decade would disabuse him of this notion but patriarchal conditioning is a hell of a drug.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it is just because she is not in love with her husband. Ema reacts more like a beaten dog around her husband. He seems patronizing like she could not live without him. Probably tells her how lucky she is that he loves her so much when they are alone. It is gripping and I so get the fixation on Emma's lips. Sometimes my wife and I are just chatting but then suddenly I am just fixated on watching her lips move. Her smile was the first thing that captivated me so it is a weakness. I don't like cheating but this is so well written that I just hope she gets to taste Emma's lips soon.

Dex-chan lover
How is the situation in which everyone is miserable and probably hating each other "easy on everyone"?
How is it not easy for everyone. The marriage is one of convenience and both parties move on to another partner they love. The separation would be amicable and quick. Hence the easy on everyone.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
honestly this chapter makes me like this manga a whole lot more now!

MC not acting on impulse and kissing the girl, TALKING IT OVER WITH A FRIEND (this needs to be emphasized because of how rarely I see people just talking about their problems in manga), and trying to figure herself out before doing something reckless, ABSOLUTE GOLD HERE EVERYBODY!!!!

Also wow her friend is great! (Iwantafriendlikethattoo)

anw, thanks for the chapter!!

Dex-chan lover
How is it not easy for everyone. The marriage is one of convenience and both parties move on to another partner they love. The separation would be amicable and quick. Hence the easy on everyone.
They are adults, they don't need an awful excuse to split. And one/both partners cheating is an awful ground to start the discussion - so many negative feelings get involved from the get-go. Not to mention potential legal issues - it's Japan after all.

Dex-chan lover
They are adults, they don't need an awful excuse to split. And one/both partners cheating is an awful ground to start the discussion - so many negative feelings get involved from the get-go. Not to mention potential legal issues - it's Japan after all.
You also need to account how badly the husband could react to a woman being the other person. Sadly it happens way too often even when the women were just friends with a guy.

Double-page supporter
Something tells me the husband knows Ema is gay but loved her too much to break things up with her.

It's odd, because usually in these kinds of works the husband usually has some sort of fault that you can see on him from the get go, yet we are on chapter 4 already and he still seems pretty nice, the author even draws him in the same kind of chibi style they draw Ema in some of the panels.

Double-page supporter
Something tells me the husband knows Ema is gay but loved her too much to break things up with her. It's odd, because usually in these kinds of works the husband usually has some sort of fault that you can see on him from the get go, yet we are on chapter 4 already and he still seems pretty nice, the author even draws him in the same kind of chibi style they draw Ema in some of the panels.

Trying to leave the bias of a Yuri reader aside...
There IS something weird about the way they interact in their marriage. Maybe it was because of convenience or it was arranged? Is not uncommon for that to happen in a country like Japan
Dude comes from a rich family, wouldn't be surprised if life for him was hell and wanted a way out, so when he met Ema and realized that she also wanted to escape her home he struck a deal of sorts

Trying to leave the bias of a Yuri reader aside...
There IS something weird about the way they interact in their marriage. Maybe it was because of convenience or it was arranged? Is not uncommon for that to happen in a country like Japan
I think it was implied by Ema that it was kind of for convenience. She said something about wanting to be independent of her mother as soon as possible and I figure the marriage was the best way she figured she could do that

Users who are viewing this thread