Pinky Candy Kiss - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Sorry for the wait!
HBR chapter 5 came in like a lion and fucked my schedule, should be fine from now on though!
Still-MC05-A-14-05-00-002.png

Dex-chan lover
accidentally a page but thank you !!!! This poor girl. I dont think she can survive another tender moment like that again without her feelings overflowing and making themselves known now that she's realized them.

Dex-chan lover
"is a married person (normally off limits)" well go make it a not normal case then

Dex-chan lover
Uozumi Ami's message at the end is very sweet and heartfelt, and it's telling us all we need to know about this story even though we're only 5 chapters in, it's a struggle against comphet to find their true selves buried under layers and layers of inhibition fueled by a society that makes no effort to understand them, first because they're women, and second because they're not straight, I really love this story, I hope it gets picked up by a publishing company overseas

Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
This that good shit.

That volume afterward was really nice, I love that the author is wanting to tackle these issues, though it's also a bit of a reflection on the current state of things that society is in and how much more queer acceptance there needs to be.

Also Ema is hella pretty wew

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!!!

damn the writing the art are great!!!! I understand why she loves Ema-chan since even I can feel how lovely Ema is!

Anw, I'm glad that they author doesn't drag out the "do I love her or not". I'm looking forward to seeing what Takara will do next!

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this author really gets it! Especially considering the current mainstream yuri atm seems to have that 'male gaze' vibe

Not to be blunt but why is she even still in this marriage if shes never this happy around her husband? i mean we can see that she has absolutely no love whatsoever for him whenever hes around, idk if the husbands just the overly-positive type who sees the good in everything all the time but man.

if the authors willing i'd love to see hubbys pov on this, they might as well just get a divorce asap if the marriage is this loveless, its only hurting both of them.

Dex-chan lover
Not to be blunt but why is she even still in this marriage if shes never this happy around her husband?
  1. Her mom got her into this marriage. She'd feel weird getting out of it without a real exit plan.
  2. She seems to like her husband, like, as a guy, even if she struggles to feel comfortable around him and that would be pretty mean to him.
  3. She's definitely deeply uncomfortable in this marriage, but, also, she lives in a heteronormative society which certainly would make her feel a deep shame about that and maybe not even recognize that so it's difficult for her to recognize she even wants this.
  4. She didn't have an 'exit strategy'. It's not like, before now, she had someone else who she'd actually be happy with so it was easier to tread water than to jump into the unknown.
  5. Have you ever tried to get divorced? It's not exactly an easy thing to do.
  6. It's useful as a closeted gay person to have a straight partner to point to.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this author really gets it! Especially considering the current mainstream yuri atm seems to have that 'male gaze' vibe
That is not what the male gaze is and that isnt what happens. These yuri mangaka are overwhelmingly female and work the very tough workload that is the biz, they dont deserve to be thrown under the bus like they arent wlw themselves. but even then there are guys like takeda ikashi (sasameki koto/ two of them are like this) or iori miyazawa that are decidely not this confused voyeuristic "male gaze" you are thinking of that thoughtfully tell lesbian narratives. Hell, look at Ikuhara. Im sorry wlw desire and sexuality is so foreign to you that you blanket masculinize it when you see it. Oh look its "predatory lesbian" all over again. You are not the feminist or ally of lesbians you think you are. We (lesbians) have been here enjoying "mainstream" yuri (yuri is niche bc queer women and our media is some of the most despised and villified) without you bludgeoning the medium like that.

Users who are viewing this thread