Pixivコミックas place to purchase

Dex-chan lover
That app/site is my preferred means of getting manga in Japanese.
It's legit, has lots of free chapters, and offline reading of purchased manga.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/title/20232/sasaki-to-miyano

佐々木と宮野 | 春園ショウ #pixivコミック https://comic.pixiv.net/works/2093
The 単行本 (tankoubon) tab.
And a bit of a list, looking just at my purchases and what I plan on buying:
Hirano to Kagiura
Otoko yamome ni mo Hana ha saku
Bokura no Shokutaku
Yamete kudasai, mabushii desu (and the sequel)
Me ha kuchi hodo ni koi to iu
Still Sick
Fukakai na boku no subete wo
Harenochi shikibu
Motoyan papa to hitsuji sensei

Some manga have the tanks listed with the free samples/updates ala Sasaki to Miyano, others you have to search the ストア for the title or mangaka, whether or not there are free chapters.

@421cookies hm? The price on the site is the price on the back cover of the books, and I didn't pay shipping.
Also, isn't the point to provide financial support?

Fed-Kun's army
@Thrembs Their pricing generally higher than other e-book store since they need to pay 30% commission for play/app store unless you're purchasing from pc. And that also mean there's less money going to the publishers.

Dex-chan lover
@421cookies
Play Store lets me buy without a weird overseas payment method. American CC are always rejected by Japanese companies.
If the pricing is higher, I doubt there's gonna be a loss on the publisher end.

No hassle is worth paying what I'd pay at a bookstore.
Hell, stuff's cheaper on Amazon, but I'd rather buy stuff elsewhere.
Aaaaanyway, it's an option.
edit: the price is the same on ebookjapan or whathaveyou. The web price is the same as the app. Where are you getting that app store profit loss? What are you on about???

Fed-Kun's army
@Thrembs Ehh, I'm sure there were price variations back when I'm choosing my main ebook platform. I guess they regulated it at some point so the pricing is same for all stores.
But still, other stores usually have coupon or coinback or something which makes them cheaper than base price.

Anyway back to Pixiv, on the web version, it's possible to use CC for payment method which mean the publishers only need to pay commission fee to pixiv. Meanwhile on app, since the purchase is made in-app, they need to pay another additional commission fee to play/app store.
The app itself is convenient since you can read publishing chapters on top of being a store. But yeah, if financial supporting is what on my mind, I would either only pay through the web or use another service if it means reducing cost for publishers.

Dex-chan lover
@421cookies
Fair enough. I doubt it's as much as 30%, though.

Regardless, you do have a point. Once it's in your account you can read it anywhere, regardless of how it was purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread