Playing one or two games for 10 years. Share yours.

Dex-chan lover
Nice healthy lifestyle. Actually games like field soccer or hockey counts. I remember some of gym buds I talked with were playing softball or even discus throw for a long time ( passed to their children ). One is so focused on the "bench press" technique he can actually walk with his arms ( like Johnny Bravo).
if those count, then...

I used to play a lot of badminton during 4th to 9th grade

Contributor
I've not been strickly playing them for ten years or more straight (around one hour per day on average) but rather returning to them, some of them are from Nintendo 64, computer games such as Starcraft, Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology, Total War: Rome, Ragnarok Online, Tekken (if we count the franchise from the first to the... sixth maybe?) and maybe one or two more when it comes to videogames. For tabletop games that's an entire different story, the list of board games and roleplaying games would be too long. And even though I've been pretty outdoorsy most of my live, I had that balance. As for playing in the pool I've been doing that every year (with friends or family) until Covid.

Group Leader
Is it okay if it's almost 10 years?
I've started playing Dark Souls late 2015, (followed by Dark Souls 2 and 3, then Sekiro, then Elden Ring, then Armored Core VI, and now currently Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree.)
Every year I do Dark Souls 1 and 3 challenge run, the SL 1 run and Speedrun, which are actually quite fun (especially the SL1 boss rush of DS3, I think I'm on NG+3).

Other than that, I think Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim, 2013 is when I've first played it. I do play it from time to time but not yearly.

Edit:
Oh fuck I forgot, Terraria, I've played this for more than a decade now(pre Ice Queen, Pump King, Moonlord). I love doing coop on this one, doing the Frost Moon and Pumpkin Moon event, Stacking all the possible buffs I could get and my trusty Vampire Knives, I'll survive any night that'll come.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Been playing Minecraft since 2012, Recently started playing it again to improve my base from 2 years ago. Kinda chill, might mod it a bit. I'll always cherish those times I had with my brother before when he was alive, great xbox 360 MC times.
Minecraft, deff. I forgot that one! Good pick.

Dex-chan lover
Half-Life and Half-Life 2 and their descendants like Black Mesa.
The S.T.A.L.K.E.R games.
Fallout 3, NV, 4.
Bioshock games
Portal/Portal 2
L4D/L4D2
The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind, Oblivion, Oldrim (Original Skyrim +DLC)

Not 10 years for me, yet, but I imagine I will be playing 7 Days to Die at least that long since I have 7K+ hours logged in it already. The Fallout games are getting played again because the TV show is about to drop.
Heck yes, these games are excellent. I see you are of culture! Yasss.

Your comment reminds me of the golden age. Seriously, it takes me back. Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Goodness me!

Seriously, loved all of them so much!!!

Did you ever play Unreal Tournament? I used to love that one too.

Peace friend! Post more often! 😉😊

Dex-chan lover
Is it okay if it's almost 10 years?
I've started playing Dark Souls late 2015, (followed by Dark Souls 2 and 3, then Sekiro, then Elden Ring, then Armored Core VI, and now currently Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree.)
Every year I do Dark Souls 1 and 3 challenge run, the SL 1 run and Speedrun, which are actually quite fun (especially the SL1 boss rush of DS3, I think I'm on NG+3).

Other than that, I think Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim, 2013 is when I've first played it. I do play it from time to time but not yearly.

Edit:
Oh fuck I forgot, Terraria, I've played this for more than a decade now(pre Ice Queen, Pump King, Moonlord). I love doing coop on this one, doing the Frost Moon and Pumpkin Moon event, Stacking all the possible buffs I could get and my trusty Vampire Knives, I'll survive any night that'll come.
Cool! It's a little more than 4 months to your 10th year of Dark Souls!

Souls Games are reaching their 10th anniversary? They might be the 2nd Skyrim.

Nice.

Anyone playing pool here?
Used to play a lot in school and university days. Then, suddenly, it became pretty much impossible to find pool tables in my country, while they used to be in every bar/bowling club/any other activity place, so I haven't been able to play in last 5 or so years

I played Marvel vs Capcom 2 for more than a decade, as well as Skyrim. I think those are the two that I played for the longest time, longer than Pokemon RED.

Mind sharing games that you experienced playing for 10 years?
For me it would be Dwarf Fortress since 2008, I've even tried into pixel art to create my own sprites when graphic pack for game were rare.

Played WoW 2005-2018, stopped when saw that Legion was a oddity, not sign that Blizzard came to their senses.

Rimworld - I suddenly feel myself really old when I realize that it was released 11 years ago.

Crusader Kings 2 - mostly because of mods. Modders created a bunch of great overhauls that are cool to play to this day.

I played Marvel vs Capcom 2 for more than a decade, as well as Skyrim. I think those are the two that I played for the longest time, longer than Pokemon RED.

Mind sharing games that you experienced playing for 10 years? Following dendi twitch streamer https://streamersbase.com/streamers/dendi is a treat for any gaming enthusiast. His profile on StreamersBase highlights his impressive setup and expertise. Dendi's skillful gameplay and engaging personality make his streams captivating, offering a perfect blend of entertainment and learning for fans of Dota 2 and beyond.
For me, it’s been World of Warcraft and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. WoW's constant updates and rich lore keep me engaged, while Skyrim’s open world and modding community offer endless replayability. Both games have evolved and provided new experiences over the years, making them feel fresh despite their age. I'd love to hear what games others have stuck with and what makes them special!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread