Playing one or two games for 10 years. Share yours.

Dex-chan lover
I played Marvel vs Capcom 2 for more than a decade, as well as Skyrim. I think those are the two that I played for the longest time, longer than Pokemon RED.

Mind sharing games that you experienced playing for 10 years?

Dex-chan lover
osu
Nothing even comes close, I played until a pretty high level and stopped around 2019-2020. I must have clocked a few dozen thousand hours into that thing.

Double-page supporter
I'm playing DOOM 1 and 2 since not one, but two decades. With all the wads created for this game, there's always content you can play on your week-end. You just have to git gud, because most wads are infuriatingly hard !

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Older Touhou games are still as enjoyable as ever to me. I only 1CCd two of them in like 15 years I've played it on/off, but I still have plans to properly finish the rest. They're easy to fit into a day's schedule, but regular daily practice makes me want to take prolonged breaks.

Dex-chan lover
I've played World of Warcraft for the past 11 years, on the same warlock I was gifted long ago... Actually, I played a druid some beforehand... How long was I playing!?
Anyway, beyond that... Hmm... There's Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 classic versions. While I can't prove it on steam, back in the day I played them so much! No game of that kind nowadays compares to the space battles in two! Every now and then I go back, cuz I bought them on steam and replay.
And Shadow of Mordor, I play it off and on, but it turns 10 this year. While i've spent more concurrent time with it's sequel, Shadow of Mordor is somehow better in my eyes. I like watching the orcs build their legends up, and it's amazing really. Part two doesn't really let you do that too much without having to put your hand into it.

Dex-chan lover
Been playing Terraria for 10 years, fun game, and mods make it more fun, and at least once per year, me and my brother play it together.

Countless hours spent on it, remembering every playthrough and 1.3 sufferings, fun times.
We're not counting roblox though, if we count that into the mix then that's at least 15k+ hours, thankfully that's not tracked.

Dex-chan lover
GTA III / Vice City and STALKER series. These open-word free-roaming sandboxes can have a terrific lifespan, especially with all the mods availble online.
And it's partly their fault if I never had enough time to even try Skyrim.:censored:

Double-page supporter
I think I played Crusader Kings II for the 10 years it has been released for. Recently I discovered Mount & Blade: Warband, I’ll probably obsess over that for a while now. Also, I played Baldur‘s Gate I and II for a really long time. Also TES Morrowind, and Skyrim too.

Dex-chan lover
Civ V
Prior to that, Civ II
:thonk: Sensing a trend....
My man. For me the one I keep coming back to is IV. Between Realism Invictus, the Rhye's and Fall submods and endlessly tweaking C2C to make my ideal, personal scenario playable, I just can't let it go after all this time.

Recently I discovered Mount & Blade: Warband, I’ll probably obsess over that for a while now.
M&B is great. Vanilla, Gegokujo, L'Aigle and Pendor are all a lot of fun, but my heart belongs to that utterly insane Touhou mod.

LZPNPTg.png

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Battlefield 2 with bros, for years uncounted.
ADOM, 10+ years.
Seldom playing Minecraft, 10~ years.
Caves of Qud, 8+ years, can't wait for it end.
Almost 9 years of R6S, multiple years of looking at Ela's ass, have a png of her!
QThrfxL.png

Dex-chan lover
Heroes of Might and Magic 3. I guess it has been 20 years or so, on and off.
Heroes of Might and Magic 5, definitely for 10 years plus.

LBP1 and 2. childhood game, probably spent consistent life years on it til the servers shut down. sad u couldnt track playtime on ps3. edit: should mention some of the old horror rpgmaker games i replayed a ton of times . noticed there was a remaster of Ib on steam now bought it last year iirc. wizard101 and this one flash game Ourworld that recently shutdown cuz yk flash but maybe itll be back up one day danceplanet on ourworld was my first rhythm game lel

Dynasty Warriors 3 and Destiny 2. DW3 personally plays and feels different from the more recent titles, which makes me go back to it. Plus the fantastic English va. I wish Koei made a remastered port of the first three games (DW2, DW3, DW4).
Destiny 2, I played the original, and I'm just too far in to stop now.

Dex-chan lover
Been playing Minecraft since 2012, Recently started playing it again to improve my base from 2 years ago. Kinda chill, might mod it a bit. I'll always cherish those times I had with my brother before when he was alive, great xbox 360 MC times.

Group Leader
For me, the games that I kept replaying for many years:
1. The Last Remnant
2. Resident Evil 4 (2005)
3. Fallout 3
4. Mafia 2
5. Saint Row 2
6. GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City
7. Tomb Raider (2013)
8. Splinter Cell: Conviction
9. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
10. Obscure II (2007)

Dex-chan lover
Borderlands 1 and 2, 3 I haven't played because a) haven't the rig, and b) ehhhhh... if the first two scratch my FPS-lite/looter shooter itch, not feeling like I'm missing anything gameplay wise.

I roll through Dragon Quest 5 every few years, and 4 if I'm feeling masochistic.

Still play Dungeon Siege because sometimes you just want to click on monsters and make numbers go up. It was the first ARPG after Diablo I played, and since D1 is a bit simplistic, and D2 is a bit grindy plus difficult to install (literally gave up installing a paid copy after running into problem after problem, and just grabbed a yarhar version), it's funner to play. Torchlight 1 is still fun, and 2 is good until you realize it's just 1 with higher numbers to make go up.

Oblivion for a bit at a time until I realize I'm playing Excel with a different UI for efficient leveling (otherwise rando mob enemies are basically minibosses by the third or fourth level).

Users who are viewing this thread