Please Don't Call Me Queen! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Fight Late at Night

Dex-chan lover
Hmm... the game is afoot.

I'm putting my money on nobles trying to take advantage of the power vacuum.

I like Cyan a lot but it seems that Stewart is her love interest just from how he is the one being pushed forward as the best King candidate ...or prince consort 😉.

Group Leader
Of course, this had to happen. Because without a forced break, Stewart would become king. Now, Fran will have the opportunity to be impressive and one of the others (probably Cyan?) will vote for her, and then throughout the story the others will decide she’s the best as well and she’ll end up as queen. (Not spoilers btw, just predictions based of the genre.)

Dex-chan lover
Soooooo damn convenient for her, of course the author is going to use something like chess to do this kind of thing. It's not magic, goddamn.

Fed-Kun's army
i have feeling that this all is prepared in advance by her grandfather just to force her to the throne 🤔

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, yeah. I'm SURE that's what happened. It's not at all a way to artificially pad out the arc.

@DorathyGale123 I think there might be something deeper going on here that might get resolved. I don't necessarily think all delays are a way to pad out the arc. I also don't think that the MC will surely receive the crown.

All this is of course assuming that the author is capable enough to deliver a compelling story of political intrigue for once.

yay thank you for the update!

It's only been 4 chapters, I think it's a bit too soon to talk about 'padding chapters'. And of course a false charge is always done in such stories.

I wonder if the nobles would be willing to have MC on the throne as a puppet?
It seems likely since her reputation is of a shut-in coward unlike all the MLs who have very strong personalities.

I feel like she would be a pretty perfect queen instead of a king. From my knowledge, queens deal more with maintaining and forming relationships with foreign countries. Considering her knowledge about other languages and how she read a lot about foreign cultures and customs, she's well suited for the job. And she seems like she'd be skillful at negotiations, which I believe is also handled by the queen.

Dex-chan lover
@queenhisame page 20 the word "surrounded" is misspelled. It is obvious that foul play would arise since Stewart did have 2 votes in favor for him & that word would get out. The outside forces are making their play to ensure it benefits them in some way. In the end I believe this will make Fran stand out more & show how capable she is. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, knowing chess in this world makes you a super amazing person lol

Double-page supporter
Irvine probably staged the injury himself knowing Stewart had the votes. It buys him time.

I wonder what was going on the previous king's mind when he made this decision... was this his last attempt to help his children and grandchildren to grow and heal...?

Double-page supporter
So you want me to pity ye then make you a King cause ur father wish you to? uhh no. U gonna work for it mate

why they always picturing a lady blushed when they get proposed? i mean isn't it be creepy if someone just proposed you?

SHIT I WAS LIKE HOWS SHE GONNA BECOME QUEEN IF THEY ALR VOTED FOR STEWART SO THR MOST PROBABLE THING WOULD BE 2:2 IF WE'RE BEING POSITIVE BUT THEN IT EAD GONNA BE 1:3 BUT THEN IRV GOT ATTACKEF PLS

Users who are viewing this thread